Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

What do you do for a living ?

<DIV>Hi all!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I'm an engineering designer for EIMCO Water Technologies, formerly Brackett Green, in the UK. I design water filtration products for Power Station cooling intakes, Industrial Desalination & Sewage Plants. Been here 15 years & used ProE & Intralinksince '96. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Since finding this place my job's got a lot easier
smiley32.gif
</DIV>

Hi Ianw, I have heard of EIMCO, Quite a big company arnt they ?

Wasim, I dont know about you, but I like knowing what everybody else gets upto, it kind of motivates me to work harder lol... when I started this thread I thought it would be quite popular, its just human nature to be curious
smiley36.gif

bp, I will keep my eyes open for your tv adverts, bollboard adverts etc etc
smiley2.gif

HI WASIM,

I AM JANA AGAIN. IAM WORKING FOR A FIRM IN BANGLORE RIGHT NOW.NOT ONLY YOUR COMPANY ISSO BUT ALSO MINE. SO GET COOL NOW, HOPE THERE IS A BRIGHT FUTURE NEAR. KEEP GOIN MAN. ALL THE BEST.

REGARDS,

JANA.L

+91-9986156898

Hi again,

I'm interested in finding some projects for freelance work. Do you have some advices on how to findcompanies whowant to outsource their projects?

thanks,

Dan

I completely forgot about this thread.

Id like to find some freelance work also, for practice as much as anything. I would not consider taking on any difficult jobs at the moment doe to my lack of knowledge but i`d love to be paid to convert simple cad drawingsa into 3d models
smiley2.gif
. I would always be happy to talk to anyone who wants to pay me a pound or two per drawing hehe.

Anybody know of any good recruitment sites for such freelance work ?

Well I currently design extrusion dies using Pro/E R20, it gets the job done but I hope we upgrade. Meanwhile I have been learning a little bit of WF 2.0 at home with ISDX, but I am working soo much overtime that I have little time at home, and when I do I usually squander it and use it inefficiently. I currently have a few resumes out for a hopefully more inspiring job!! Good to hear from all of you!!

hi all,

I'm a mold designer.

i work with proe since 1996 version 18, now with proe2001 and learning wilfire.

i do complete project of plastics produts, since modeling the produtc to they final stage.

I do complete 3D mold.

If there is someone interested in my work, please pm me.

I'm not a engineering and i'm not graduate, but i have lot of experience with proe.

i dont have problemson 3d modeling and mold design.

Please, sorry about my english.

By the way,i'm from Portugal.

here it

my company is four fold and not completely stuck in the United States

http://www.proetools.com
< product design school and train designers and engineers at a very
high level to use many tools including Pro/ENGINEER. I specialize
with capturing complex forms with robust surfaces.

http://www.Design-engine.com
< product design magazine. Do check out the latests photoreal
competition. http://www.designengine.com/competition/

http://www.deepLABS.com < product development

http://www.deepinteractive.com < graphic design and web design and development

I have been using Pro/E since 1991 and usiing Alias since 1998 and
using Maya since 2001 and running businsses since 1994. My idea
for a vacation would be... I wish I could sit at a cafe with two
laptops in Italy so I could model on one machine and render on
another. Yes I love to sip coffee. It is good to see
what everyone does. I will spend another hour looking at
everyone.

Edited by: design-engine

Wow design-engine it seems you do like to keep yourself busy. I also have enjoyed reading about everybody and seeing what peoples goals / acheivements / ambitions are etc. It help motivate me.

If you ever plan that trip to italy, I might wish to join you. You can teach me to model with pro-e whilst you sip coffee and I will be drinking lots of Wine. Deal ?
smiley36.gif

in 2002 we did a photoreal competition for wireless electronic products that prooved most successfull. We got a jacket from Lunar Design that was all geared up for wirless. Lots of industrial design firms submitted wild ideas. you can check that year out here: http://www.design-engine.com/competition/photoreal2002.htm

-skint- I was in england doing training a while back. What a great country! So many nice people. Spoke at the Pro/E user conference in Warick England, did a class at Triumph and another at a few design firms in London.

I guess England aint so bad hehe, it has its ups & downs like all places
smiley17.gif

I actually work quite close to Warwick, a place called Coventry in the midlands. I am yet to visit my first pro-e conference, I think all the technical jargon would go way over my head hehe. Hopefully I will get along to some of them this year, and more training courses too.

Some fantastic work on all the entries, the renders are simply superb. You can certainly see the time and effort gone into these designs, and 3DS Max looks to be the most popular application still. With these copetitions, what happens with the winning designs ?

post it up there luis!

I have been using Pro/E since 1992 where my first Pro/E job was in
Atlanta NCR. Seamed like yesterday. I remember using
Version 7 learn on then when my manager found out I only had a week on
Pro/E and that I learned so much they got me to do exploded views and
detail drawings. Then in late 92 I was off contracting in North
Carolina to BNR. That is where I mastered Sheetmetal.
No good coffee there back then in those pre star bucks
days. I did teach Sheetmetal after work to engineers for
extra cash.

Before that I used 3d Studio and AutoCAD to do Furniture for the eye
wear retailers. I ran a not so successful one off furniture shop in
Atlanta.

I don't want to remember those 2d and early 3d days. Everything was so hard to understand.

Was that 1984 when I worked at Siemens Energy and Automation using Autocad
during the first shuttle explosion? I don't even remember
what version of AutoCAD that was? 4.x or so. My
direct engineering manager was an ME for the Ukrainian Chernobyl
powerplant and her husband was a chess champion who later
wrote about chess for the Atlanta Constitution.

Damd Im old but I can tip the metal on a half pipe!

Edited by: design-engine

Back around 1998 I sat behind my uncles as he showed me ProEngineer. I thought it was the coolest thing sense slice bread. I asked him if he would teach me a few things. I got a student version, 2000i I believe, that he had and started clicking and poking everyday after work. I interviewed for my first ProE job and started working in the year 2000 in Chicago. This led to contracting in Tenn. and South Carolina. I'm currently work as a Project Engineer in Charleston South Carolina. I do a lot of different things but ProE has aways been apart of it one way or anothere. I've gone back to school to learn computer animation, (Maya, 3Dstudio). I found a great school that offers training in both of these packages. I should be done with that in about 1 and half years. The only issue I have is the software and their prices. Even the student versions are high. I got Maya personal learning edition and that is good but 3D studio Max is out of reach. Using school labs suck! Anyway, more information then need I'm sure.

Hello Everyone,

I have been working with Pro-E since 2002, but I do not use it every day. I am the Senior Hydraulic Engineer for a Mining Truck Manufacturer. Before that I was a Hydraulic Engineer with a Hydraulic Crane Manufacturer, and we used SDRC IDEAS.I use Pro-E to layout the hydraulicson thetrucks we build.I also use the sheet metal program from time to time for bracket design.

I've been working with ProE since 1998 when I took a college ProEclass to fill an alternative credit. I originally worked with UG and AutoCAD. After school that class came in handy because I got a job at acompany that makes plumbing products and have been here since. I mainly work with shower doors, shower receptors/walls and basically anything else in the bathing space

My official title is CAD Designer, guess I'm one of the few who is not an Engineer.

I've also been one of those trained by Design Engine in ISDX, among other things :)

Nick

I have been working with Pro/E since 2003, not much experience then, now I work for a racing sail boats firm in valencia, spain. My hope is that one day PTC would drop their FE program, and join force with a main stream FE company.

Yes indeed I am a stress engineer, what a sad life.....
smiley4.gif

regards,
Fabio

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back