Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

What do you do for a living ?

FE program? FEA? You mean get rid of Mechanica and join or purchase with Ansys? Racing sail boats can be stressfull too.

Edited by: design-engine

Something like that. well but i get to sail every so often.....perks of working in this field.
smiley2.gif

I am a Designer / Pro/E Administrator and I work for a sand casting foundary in the mid-west. My work is never boring working mostly in the Petrochemical and Miningindustries but have had the privilage of doing Pro/E design work on the Princeton fusion reactor @ PPPL and the Pentagon Memorial units that will be placed at the Pentagon in memory of those who died their on 9/11. I have been using Pro/E since 1993 and have been trained in several other CAD packages such as Cadkey, Autocad, and Solidworks but still prefer the power of Pro/E. I think my favorite add-on is the ISDX package but I am getting in to the REX and finding it to be very usefull.

View attachment 2638
Edited by: MetalMan

Hello all,

I'm a Manufacturing Engineer now. I was a mechanical designer for 14 years. I started on AutoCad then UG and now Pro/e (8 years). I used pro/e for the design of an outboard motor. We design from prop to top. I mainly designed the engine system and components, block, crankcase, crankshaft, rods, pistons and so on. Our vendors use our Pro/e data to cut the tools and also for inspection. I am now in manufacturing (same company) looking at making the connection using the PTC software.

hi ther.......people

Interesting to know about all the applications......

About me.........I am using proe from last 3 years. I started in India using proe for press tool design for different stamping operations. Also for designing different jigs & fixture related to that.Right now I am in Canada using proe for design of different custom profile cutting tools & making nc programming for milling of those tools through Pro/NC. This cutter are mainly used for woodworking, plastic & other non-ferrous materials.

I'm a designer for Sun Hydraulics in Sarasota Fla, working in the manifold division. We design and manufacture Hydraulics Cartridge valves for load and flow control applications as well as many other types of functions. We also design and manufacure the manifolds that these cartridge valves are screwed into. Both custom and standard applications. Ive been with Sun for 22 years now and started out on the drafting board. We use acustom design tool that uses UDF's to design manifolds from an outside generated XML file created along side ProE. I was involved in the developement of these tools we use for design and am constantly advancing the art of manifold design for Sun. My next addition will be to clorize the internal plumbing of these manifolds according to the hydraulics circuit that we have designed it from, automatically. Our design team rarely use ProE as you all do as this custom tool pretty much drives ProE. The only time we do not use the tool is when we cannot do softhing that can be UDF driven. Such as cuts, slots, and annuluses. But we are working on that.

Bob

Hi,

I own an sub contract engineering company and we machine components for different industries normally from drawings. I bought wildfire2 with the machining module a couple of years ago. The idea wasto keep up with modern technology and hopefully find new customers. I can't say it was easy to learn but now I'm running I need some more pro-e customers. Anybody out there? [email protected]

I am a mechanical engineer working in the mobile phone industry. Not doing the cool surfacing stuff, but the boring kinds of things like packaging components into the cool surfaces that were created by someone else. Been using Pro for over 2 years now. Have 8 years of SDRC I-Deas experience prior to this. Been working on my surfacing skills on the side and during downtime at work as CPiotrowski does, though I'm not going to be spitting out any renderings that are comparable to his Mustang anytime soon! If anybody knows of any surfacing intensive jobs out there, let me know!!!

Hi Guys

I have seen this thread so late
smiley5.gif
. After all I am an associate mechanical engineer. I am working on proe from R20. I had designed injection and extrusion blow molds for plastics, stamping tools, die casting dies, jigs n fixtures, some special purpose machines, plasticcomponentsand a lot more. I think most of u people had seen my work at my website and in mold design forum, so its no need to post here. I have 20 years experiance in molds and die making industry. I had worked for molds and dies making companies as well as other like automotive oem components, A/C,pipe fittings manufacturers etc. I am also working as freelancer. If anybody needs my services He/She always welcome.

u can visit www.zakialrehman.4t.com

Hi,

My name is John and I have an Associates in manufacturing and a certificate in CAD. I have ten years experience in the machining field. Right now, I am going to school to continue my education in Computer Aided Design and eventually go on to get a Bachelors in enginering. Right now I am currently working as a Enginering intern at a local aerospace company doing more and more CAD work using Pro-E.

I stand on very solid ground using Solidworks and although it will do the same things as PRO-E I have found the learning of Pro-E to be very akward at best. Can you help me with some drawing questions I have about the software?

I always say learn Pro/E first then you will never have a problem
learning other CAD tools. Learn Solidworks first and you will
forever be intimidated by Pro/E. Besides Pro/E pays
better. ;) Keep up the struggle you cad fool!

i am glad to tell you ,all my friends ,i am working in China ,and now <SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family:

Hi all, great thread!

My name isSip Hofstede, and I am working on Wildfire3. I have about 9 years experience in Pro, starting with 19. I used to work for Lehman Trikes, in Westlock, Alberta, Canada. (see lehmantrikes.com)Prior to that I worked for Walinga Inc, a manufacturer of trucks, trailers, and grain handling equipment.

In the past I have worked on Euclid, Cimatron, Cadkey, Autocad LT, and Alibre Design.

Last year April 1 05I started out freelancing and working there part-time. October 31st 05 was my first day on my own entirely.I enjoy working out of my home, and hope that I will be able to keep the work coming in.

Here is a sample of my work:

View attachment 2667

View attachment 2668

Thanks for all the help you guys are giving, you are a great information and inspiration source to me. Keep up the good work.

Sip

WildCAD Drafting & Design, Inc.

(780) 674-3700

I'm an American inventor with my own small factory in Taiwan where I build molds and mold/diecast and assemble parts for myself and other product developers. I've been using Pro\E since V14 and have the usual love/hate relationship with it, mostly the love part, which increases with each new release.

Taiwan is an inventor's paradise because every industrial process you could need is here close by, of good quality and inexpensive. Taiwan in particular and Asia in general in my experience suffer from a dearth of creative juices so it's easy to plant even a relatively simple idea here and watch it sprout and bear fruit. With the combination of my ideas/experience and my Taiwan colleagues' strong industrial and engineering capabilities we're a world-class operation even though we're small and relatively obscure.

I recommend this formula to anyone in the West who's feeling cast-aside and disoriented by economic changes of late -- find some way to team up with your competitors in the East because the combination of your strengths and their strengths is a hybrid of unparalleled advantages. Alone you're far too vulnerable in the changes ahead.

I myself was once a toolmaker in the U.S., then a degreed engineer which became my surfboard for riding the wave of global competition and now here I am like a modern Marco Polo contesting the fierce dogs of globalization on their own turf.

www.asiamechatronics.com

Edited by: patrick2006

I am a tool maker in transition to designer. I design fixtures that hold castings that are machined in our production department.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I

Robrific,

I also have designed tools. I did that for a company called United Defense. It was a lot of fun, deadline crazy but it paid the bills.

Hello everyone,

I have been using ProE since 1989 (yes I am that old). I work for Sharp Technologies. We primarily do mechanical design work for companies that wish to outsource a project or design or need help setting up their systems to automate their design and release process (CAD Admin).

We perform a large amount of work for the automation industry as well as commercial products (commercial customers do not like us to post their products on our website). Below are a couple of designs I have worked on. For other examples and CAD admin info please go to our website (www.sharptechdesign.com).

cover.gif

View attachment 2700
View attachment 2701
View attachment 2702
Square%20Table%20-%20Black,%20Burl,%20Clear.jpg

Hi all,

I am a Mechanical Designer who has worked with Pro/E since Version 8, with a little Solidworks along the way. I have worked mostly on contract on product ranging from computers to satellites, tooth brushes to submarines and various other areas. I have worked with surfaces to some extent, but where I am at now, the products do not require that kind of complex shapes. I am currently working direct on automotive products (switches, connectors and sensors mostly). I too would be interested if anybody has some 2d to 3d conversion work or some small design projects.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back