Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

What do you do for a living ?

hi

iam a plastic tool designer ,working in india and iamusing pro-e for modeling plastic components since 2004.this fourm helps me a lot, thanks for all

its a great thread to about all of our pro-e fourm

regards

p.vijay prasanna

Gidday,

I started using CAD in about '88 (Catia V2R2) and have been using Pro/E
since '94 (version 12). In that time I have two-way radio equipment,
computer network routers and switches and the hydraulics industry.

I am currently designing custom industrial machinery, mainly roll-formers but also other one-off machines.

DB

Aswell as my full time job designing for hardware companies, I have also started modelling at home to learn pro-e with the hope that I can offer my part-time design / modelling services to anyone who needs it. Who knows, perhaps this will lead to making a few quid on the contract markets.

Dell_Boy, good to see a Kiwi onboard this forum too, unbelievable how many different nationalities are members on these boards.

keyur soni said:
hi to all,

im a mech. engg working in electricalindustry as a design engg.i am working on pro/e wildfire for last 6 months, we manufacture a (pole line hardware,aerial bunch cable accessories,electrical connectors for over head electrical lines)

in our product catalouge we are using3d models which i made on pro/e and rendered on 3d max.View attachment 1677

Thats a good looking design and nice render. keyur soni, I used to work for an electrical company designing parts like those, part of the National Grid in the UK. Back in them days though, I was only using Autocad
smiley19.gif

hi people,

I am an automobile engineer. am working with pro/e for the last two years. I work for a company that manufactures L P G & C N G kits for automotive applications as an R & D engineer. but am new to this field. & trying to learn Pro/e. have worked with part, assemble & detaling.

<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
hi every one,
i am basically a Mechanical engineer, working in Pro/E for the past 2 1/2 years. i have worked on concept design for electrical components, safety guns; product development of refrigerators; 2d to 3d conversion; design modifications for the automobile parts like engines, manifolds, flywheel housings,etc; programming to control the component specifications, etc.
so it has become a daily routine for me to be with Pro/E. i would like to ask you all where does the design industry moving on? like what should i develop within me to retain my job in upcoming years?
with regards,
Jana.L
[email protected]</BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a student at the moment. Trying to start my own bizz in design and
construction.
Always looking for some project were I can be of some help ;)

Works good with ProE, Rhino, Lightwave.

+46730405242
Edited by: m_collner

Jana,"" i would like to ask you all where does the design industry moving on? like what should i develop within me to retain my job in upcoming years? "" interesting question. It will be nice to hear the difference in responces from these members.

For me, I really need to go back to college and learn some more of the basics of engineering and then put pro-e to better use. I am learning pro-e from scratch by myself and I have been a design engineer for 5 years, but believe it or not I have never qualified in any engineering courses. All my knowledge comes from 5 years experience.

Just work hard, and be yourself
smiley2.gif

hiiii

Skint ur an inspiration for the thing u said HARD WORK yaa i have been constantly working on pro-e for the past 2 years but i still feel tht i have only learnt 30% of this software there is so much to learn in it i guess i will be 70 to 80% one day As for jana welcome to forum as for the design industry its in boom these days the current market is very good to uplift urself and looking at the experience i dont u have more to develop just look out for the dies and mold section it might be very useful anyway iam wasim from pune how bout u waitin to hear from u

View attachment 1691Hi pro/ers:

I am a structure design engineer of a company whose main products are CRT TV,Flat panel TV. I design PTV---projectTV. Ihave usedpro/e for five years,mainly in part,sheet metal,assembly,drafting.Thepic is one of product I designed.

Edited by: SHAOXIAOJ

Welcome shaoxiaoj, I presume that you are designing plasma tv`s too as these PVT sized tv`s are going out of fashion now ?

Interesting that I have not seen many chinese people on this forum, but lots of indians. I would of thought china had millions of pro-e users now lol. I wonder what the mix of nationalities on here is ( Moderator / Admin ? ).

So, to keep the employment topic going..has anybody else got anything they want to share, for instance what are your future goals ?

hiiiii

Skint Pro-e is kindof favourite in india believe me its really slling hot out here and for the future plans iam abt to start my own design firm as i have drawn the plans and had some contacts out here with some companies lets hope it works out

Yeah Wasim, thats great news, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hey, one day I might be working for you hehe. Good luck mate, keep us informed.

I have a few contacts that I made in China, and I have discussed the possibilities of starting a design / import company. So much involved and so little time to think about it, but one day soon I may register a company name and go for it. I would plan to approach all manufacturing places in the UK ( where manufacturing is so expensive ) redesign thier products using pro-e and then ask my contacts in china to source and supply. Sounds simple hey
smiley36.gif

smiley4.gif
That's great ideal, Skint! I support you !!! I want to fire the boss because of salary.I am looking for a job in net everyday.
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back