Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WIP 2007 Chevrolet Belair 5.7

I would like to think that the train of thought of an engineer at some
level would be the same as a designer. I think if all engineers just
said "No you can manufacture that design" then I believe we'd all still
be riding around in big box looking cars. If your designing something I
would hope that its something new, fresh and innovative and if your
engineering something its new, fresh and innovative. I'm sure many
years ago some body said its impossible to fly.

I'm still confused why engineering even came into this topic. All the surfaces on this car can be produced, every piece. This is strictly a thread about this car design, not other things that you have seen people post on this forum so please dont generalize and take those issues to the proper thread. I do this for a living so for someone to say its not a reasonable goal iskind of aninsult to me. Bottom line is, if at some point one of us that is on here daily trying to improve gets to the point where they are very well known for their designs on pro it will most definetly get them a killer job, and thats a fact. You can talk all you want to an employer about how much youknow about pro but when you can produce something that makes their mouths drop that they have never seen their program do, its almost a guaranteed hire, been there, done that. Some people just dont understand what myself and a few others are trying to do, thats all, someday they will. Keep up the nice modeling guys and I appreciate the great comments everyone has for this design.

Please start another thread if you would like to continue the engineering discussion...thanks
Edited by: CPiotrowski

Impressive work Mr. CPiotrowski. One question I think someone before has asked that I am now wondering myself. Can you reveal to us what engineering information, i.e. drawings, blueprints, specs, etc. did you use to create these terrific renderings?

Pretty pictures always selling the products, and thats the fact! It isn't matter if this what is on picture got some use or it is just for decoration but if people love it they will buy it. And if you did those pictures with real engineering tool then you can defiantly use that tool.
I understand what CP is trying to achieve and I'm supporting him, unfortunately in my country aren't so easy (you must be both designer and engineer to get good job, and that hell out of designer and engineer), so I think that this is maybe what Huug wanted to point out.
Edited by: Isair

hiiiiiiiiiiiiii

guys plz can come back to topic of car design this thread was started for tht purpose plz dont give another direction

To answer your question. the only prints that are being used to make this car was a basic car print with wheel base and general information like that. I havent even looked back at it since the first day of the model actually. 95% of the model is completely coming out of my head, the other 5% is influence from other cars and what I know about them and remember about details. But this is basically a conceptual design straight outta my head
smiley5.gif

CPiotrowski said:
I'm still confused why engineering even came into this topic. All the surfaces on this car can be produced, every piece. This is strictly a thread about this car design, not other things that you have seen people post on this forum so please dont generalize and take those issues to the proper thread. I do this for a living so for someone to say its not a reasonable goal iskind of aninsult to me. Bottom line is, if at some point one of us that is on here daily trying to improve gets to the point where they are very well known for their designs on pro it will most definetly get them a killer job, and thats a fact. You can talk all you want to an employer about how much youknow about pro but when you can produce something that makes their mouths drop that they have never seen their program do, its almost a guaranteed hire, been there, done that. Some people just dont understand what myself and a few others are trying to do, thats all, someday they will. Keep up the nice modeling guys and I appreciate the great comments everyone has for this design.

Please start another thread if you would like to continue the engineering discussion...thanks

CP, I must of offended you and I apologise. Iunderstandwhat you are doing. You are pushing the rendering capabilities of pro-e to its maximum and demonstrating that pro-e can and could be a market leader in rendering packages. Aswell as designing somefantastic pieces of work. I agree that showingthese images is very impressive indeed.

What I was trying to achievefrom myquestioning is a link between what information is required to get to these stunning renders. You have answered the question above, and in doing soI have even more respect for younow, knowing that you create these car body`s almost completely from scratch. That is truly amazing.I guess what I have learnt is that, its not particularly engineering knowledge that is required, but more a knowledge and understanding of these parts and the wealth of experience that you have that is required to reach these rendered images.

Anyways, I hope we have cleared that up
smiley17.gif
Your right, engineering has no place on this thread so lets all get back to topic.

hiiiiiiiiiii

Thank god atlast we have ended the engineering topic CP iam really very for ur next post of ur belair
smiley17.gif
plzzz do stop this topic of engineering here itself do not post any question or suggestion regarding engineering plzzzzzzz

skwasim, the "topic of engineering" was not entirely off topic so to speak, it was with regards to how these renders are created so I dont think they should be banned altogether. We are all just simply looking for information on how these renders are achieved. Asking CP what methods he uses to enable him to create his images is quite acceptable IMO.

SKINT, you never offended me with any of your comments. I am happy to answer any questions anyone might have, I just dont like my work or goals questioned or made light of but you didnt do that. I have been a pro-e designer for years so I hope by now I know what it takes to manufacture a part. My designs on here arent for manufacturing, they are for show to prove what myself and Pro-e can achieve as SKINT said and said very well. He understands what I am doing.

Back on rendering:

What you said is true, modeling can only take you so far if the imagination and knowledge of miscellaneous parts isnt there. That is why I strongly urge people to try to model things that they they cant model. Details are key in a render. Do some research on the model you want to create, there are tons of reference pics online that should give you what you need. When I modeled the glock I was able to find many high res images for reference though I was never able to find a blueprint so the model itself was made as I saw it in the pictures. I guarantee its not scale by any means but when looking at it in a render you would never know the difference. WHenI started with the belair I wanted everything to be to scale so I used a reference blueprint of a 280sx from the site that I posted to everyone on the last page.

I hope i'm not sounding rude to anyone, I try to be as neutral and low key as possible. The last thing I want is to portray that I am better than anyone, I am just trying to help. I enjoy sharing pics with everyone and seeing what other people are doing. I especially like to see the improvements that a few dedicated modelers on here post regularly. We have a strong thread base going here with some nice works coming out. I will try to keep up my part with the Belair, it just takes me a while to produce results that are worth posting on here. The brakes are done so I will post a render when finished. I am going out of town this weekend so I wont be around until Sunday night.

Is it possible to start a Belair 2 Thread? This one is a little big
because of the images and what not. Sometime this old, (Crap), computer
of mine locks up in this thread. I really don't want to miss anything
new that gets posted.

Just a thought.

I will start a new thread with the older pics and some newer ones within the next day or two.

ACtually, we will keep this thread open for discussion but I will make a new thread just for images of the belair. That way people can just view images instead of both and vise versa.

hiiii

CP eagerly waiting for ur new pics and Skint iam sorry i didnt mean tht i was just excited tht we were back on track of Belair plz dont have any hard feelings

thank u

skwasim_smile said:
hiiii

CP eagerly waiting for ur new pics and Skint iam sorry i didnt mean tht i was just excited tht we were back on track of Belair plz dont have any hard feelings

thank u

Haha Skwasim, no hard feelings at all my friend ( skint gives skwasim a big hug
smiley36.gif
). We are all learning. From looking at what you have posted the last few days, you are progressing very well Skwasim... your last renders of the wheels were very impressive indeed, seems you have been working very hard. If only I could catch up lol
smiley19.gif

I too am looking forward to hearing how CP has progressed.

I will most definetly get some work done this weekend. Probably the entire front end. I have decided to finish the front and render a wide screen print to have matted and framed with some photoshop work done on it. It will basically be to advertise the car, myself, and wildfire rendering and modeling. SOmewhere on the picture will be my name, what it was modeled and rendered in and a large graphic to advertise WILDFIRE ( I need to contact PTC to find out about this) so it may be something nice to have hanging in a work cube if you work with Pro on a daily basis. The prints will be for sale, just not sure how much yet. Depends on how well it turns out and how many people would want it if any. I would do all the leg work. Basically the print will come glossy and matted with an optional glass frame. I will have more information available. If anyone might be interested in this, please let me know. I plan on having the first draft done within the week.

CP, Nice idea. As im from the UK, dont think i`ll buy one from you
smiley2.gif
postage will triple my cost LOL.... ill have to put up with stealing one from the forum one day
smiley17.gif

Do you do all the photoshop work yourself too CP, and did you teach yourself that. I have taught myself a little of photoshop, enough to do basic things but nothing serious enough to enhance pro-e renders.

Get posting pics soon !

the image wont be put on the forum, it will only be for purchase. It wouldnt cost you much more to ship than it would in the states. Its just a flat package. YOu may change your mind when you see the poster.

hiii

CP iam lookin forward for tht poster and anyway Skint thanks for the response and iam delighted with ur comments thanks again iam tryin out hard to take on CP one day LOL
smiley36.gif
( just kidding)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back