Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WIP 2007 Chevrolet Belair 5.7

CPiotrowski

This will be my next modeling project, I thought I would give you guys updates on the model from start to finish. This car is being modeled at home so it will be a long process but the people who plan on sticking arounda while should be a ble to see it from start to renders. Here is a reference pic, 1st updates to come:

Img_1717.jpg

Edited by: CPiotrowski

hiii Cipro

Man i would be eagerly waitin for tht model to be completed i guess u will keep on updating us abt ur model if u could let us know how do these marvelous things in pro-e it would have been use ful anyway hoping for the best from ur side

bye

Nice project and a lot of hard work
smiley2.gif

I can hardly wait to see model and render pictures. You can make contest by rendering your model and put it in this picture above, then who guess which is real and which is model win first prize
smiley1.gif

Anyway good luck with modeling
smiley2.gif

Well, here is the first update. This is only the hood and both fenders. The front clip is missing. Remember, this is a 2007 update design, not the same car in the picture. This is basically being modeled top-down strictly for rendering and presentation purposes only. I have only currently made a quick scribble on paper of the car design so this is mostly being modeled out of my head. Here are the pic, comments welcome as usual.

FYI...non textured clay rendering so you dont have to hack me on that
smiley2.gif

output_1.jpg

output_2.jpg

Edited by: CPiotrowski

Nice
smiley17.gif

Ii would be nice if you could provide us with tactics of modeling such model, for example where to start, what is essential, what part of car to start modeling first, what we must think in front when modeling such model etc. And this tips can be just short notices not completely walk trough (so you will have more time for model such beautiful models, and not spending much time to us all who wants to know all that good like stuff
smiley2.gif
)

hiii there

Right said Isair i agree with u if u culd just let us know hw u start n end n the tactics involved it would have been more useful

Let me see...It all starts with an idea. I imagine in my mind what I want the front and back of the car to look like and maybe sketch it on paper. This model is being done in top-down so at first I setup datum planes in the skeleton to for reference on car length, centerline, wheel base, car height, start of windshield, start of roof, start of back window, end of back window, left and right body edges, etc. Once I have all the default planes in place I start by making sketched circles to represent the wheelwells on one of the body edge planes. This will help you with keeping your car scale to the wheels which has been a problem I have run into in the past. Make sure you are happy with the wheel well size before you start going crazy modeling the car and realize the wheels are way too small or too big. After the wheel well curves are madeI typically start with the curves for the left, front fender and work my way to the middle. I only model one side of the vehicle and mirror the entire assembly when I want to view the entire car. You can click on the assembly in the model tree andmirror it to your center plane. Move your insert above the mirror and continue to model, whenever you want to see the full body you just have to slide the insert back down to the bottom of the model tree. Basically what I am doing for top down is making all my curves and most of the surfaces. Once done with certain sections I can share the geometry to a down part and make fine adjustment there.If you dont know how to use top-down then this will all be very confusing to you. Just ignore the skeleton and downpart commands that I give you and model as you normally would. Be warned, huge feature parts like a car body will drag your computer down drastically, anyone who opened the mustang.prt should know that from experience. That is the whole purpose for using top-down, you can share geometry and work on one part of the car instead of a large model. Hope this gets you started, I will post more updates tonight.

Happy modeling...
smiley4.gif

hiii CPiotrowski

Thanks for the tips will help us a lot in the future anyway iam lookin forward for ur posts hope they intrestin ones

byeee

Great work! I also look forward to the furure of this project and learning the processes involved.

Cheers.

Sorry I havent posted anything yet, I am having some significant problems getting some surfaces to create. I think my Pro is taking a sh*t. I plan on working the model all night tonight when I get home so hopefully I will have the front clip done to post.

Nice, very nice, although I would really nice to see Chevrolet part
smiley2.gif

Also I got question for you CPiotrowski:
When inserting images into trace sketch is there a tip for preparing those images (I have try to resize them to equal size, and then put them in sketch).
When putting images into trace sketch also I have difficulty to maintain images size equal.

Thanks in advance
smiley2.gif

CPiotrowski

Hi there, I am new to both pro-e and this forum but I have been aware of your designs for a few weeks now. I have been doing some light reading regarding all things pro-e and your mustang development in particular has kept my interest. Congrats on such a superb model and also with all the positive feedback you have recieved on it, having somebody request your images for desktop wallpaper must be quite a buzz
smiley32.gif

I have been using pro-e wildfire 2 now for a few days, like I say I am a complete noob...everything is so difficult for me at the moment, but one day I will post some images for your amusement hehe.

Anyway,thought I would introduce myslef, hopefully we will speak in the future.

Rgds

[-Skint-]

Thanks for stopping by and for the great compliments guys. I am gonna have alot of time to work on the car this weekend starting tonight that I am hoping to have the basic body done by Saturday. Keep tuned for updates.

ISAIR- Try taking the images into Photoshop and resizing them to the same scale as used in pro, either inches or millimeters. If you have a box in pro with the dimensions of 5in. x 10in. Resize your image to a 5x10 canvas. THat will atleast make the image applied to a surface or plane correct size. Image quality is obtained by the scale of the image loaded into pro. Save images as .bmp, you will be able to load a much larger image into pro, remember to take it to PS first and scale it to the smae size as the surface or plane. Remember, planes are only as big as the part itself so if you are applying to a plane just use the maximum dimensions from the model.

[-SKINT-]- If you really want to learn pro then all you will need is the determination to learn. Alot of people on here you see taught themselves how to use pro including myself. It takes time but with good direction off the start you will be making models that will amaze you in no time. And they just keep getting better the more you learn. Good luck and welcome.

CPiotrowski big thanks for those tips, that was what I have been missing. Now I can finally start with my project (Messerschmitt bf 109G), and I'm familiar with top down design and using skeletons (I must admit when I decided to start my project I completely didn't think in top down method, now I know I was very wrong
smiley9.gif
), use them all the time in my work.

Hey, interesting works, Cpiotrowski. That's great, very nice.

We're looking forward to seeing new results

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back