Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WIP 2007 Chevrolet Belair 5.7

CP, I agree leaving things on that you dont like is also very beneficial for us. Its not failures really is it, just different tastes. I was looking at the model and thinking that the front was starting to look like a Mean Looking Insect hehe, just give it some antennai and thats one bad-ass ant LOL

Great work man, keep posting away.. your just getting better all the time !

Take the Fog light covers and move them inside the housing so that just a little bit of the cover peaks out. Just a thought

Here are a few small updates including the redesign of the air induction.

12102005.jpg

12102005_1.jpg

Edited by: CPiotrowski

From here on out all updates will be posted in panels instead of the whole car. The design and idea has been copyrighted so I dont want to give too much away.

CP thats fantastic news, congratulations. Its about time you have been recognised, truly super stuff.

Those renders on the air-intakes look great, finishes of the part nicely.

What exactly do you do for your profession ?

hiiiii CP

fantastic modelCP like to have more postings on this thread keep doing the gr8 work CP ur inspiration for we guys out here

Thanks guys. Its taking me a while to get any visual progress. I have been dealing with alot of errors while modeling this especially with sweeps. I will try to keep the updates regular. Thanks for the comments, it keeps me going.

puppet said:
CP,

when u start a model like this.... what are the 1st few features u make.?

I always start by setting up my datums for wheelbase and car width and length among other things. Then I start the skeleton with the front fender and hood. The front left fender is usually always my driving dimensions. I do have the wheel and tires done but I forgot to bring the damn things home.
Edited by: CPiotrowski

hiii cp

Well cant say much abt this model because dont have words to describe how beautiful this thing looks CP can u plz tell me a hint or two to desing the mag iam trying to this one but not too good as u have done any tips!

Hi Cpio,

very nice. did u use "c" for this one or used surface ? I have one doubt in basic. we have forged component . Using this forged, we are producing machined. In pro/w i have modeled the forged one and save in a name. I want to use this model as reference for the new model that is machined. when ever i update the forged, the machined also should update.

Yeah, i've been using the C for quite some time now on other models.

Thanks skwasim...I dont really have any advice persay about modeling wheels. Most of it comes from knowing enough different ways to model something to where you can model whatever is in your head. The modeling will come in time, lets just hope your imagination will keep up
smiley2.gif

Sathian, i'm not really sure what the question or comment was. DId you ask me if this was solid modeled or surfaced? If so, it was primarily a solid model with surfaces used for protrusion planes.

How big is that wheel? It would appear that the lugs are too close
together, don't get my wrong here I think the whole design so far is
awsome but from a engineering stand point. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

as i said before CP you might want to think about starting up a class and teach us this. my boss loves pretty pictures

it appears you love doing this and wouldnt be considered a job doing it full time. i have been trying to find a copy of arx bc there is no way boss would spend money to get it. right now they pay some one else to take pictures of current products for advertising. i assume pro render could be used as well for that. Just curious what kind of time would it take to render say a cell phone over taking pictures of it for advertising?

In my experience photographers are quite expensive, so over the long run rendering parts and creating the images is much more beneficial.. afterall... you have to model it anyway, so why not use the model you have created for marketting ? Also, the photographer is likely to charge per image taken, with pro-e there is no messing around, you can capture any angle, any shot and any specifics you like without having to take 100 pictures before you reach your goal....if you dont like the image, simply try again.

I am new to pro-e... and I am fairly nervous as I had a tough time getting my boss to spend the cash on pro-e, so I have to come up with something good soon hehe. but once I explained that I could potentially save him lots of money on his marketting budget and I showed him some rendered images, he was convinced
smiley17.gif

Rgds

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back