Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WIP 2007 Chevrolet Belair 5.7

DEAR CPIO,

i AM ENJOYING THIS POST OF WIP 2007 AND ALSO VERY INTETESTING. FEELING VERY HAPPY TO SEE THE RESPONSE FOR THIS POST. BUT SINCE I DO NOT KNOW ANY IDEA ABOUT TOP-DOWN ASSY, I CAN NOT CAPTURE HOW UR DOING THIS FANTASTICALLY. MY BEST WISHES !!!

sathian83 said:
DEAR CPIO,

i AM ENJOYING THIS POST OF WIP 2007 AND ALSO VERY INTETESTING. FEELING VERY HAPPY TO SEE THE RESPONSE FOR THIS POST. BUT SINCE I DO NOT KNOW ANY IDEA ABOUT TOP-DOWN ASSY, I CAN NOT CAPTURE HOW UR DOING THIS FANTASTICALLY. MY BEST WISHES !!!

thanks bro, appreciated. Top-down is a great way to manage multiple parts without slowing down your computer. A great tool to learn and very high demand in the job maket. Updates to come soon.

Here are a few updates. My computer is really acting up so its taking me forever to get features to work. There arent any rounds yet on this model. That is the reason it looks so edgy.

11262005_1.jpg

11262005_2.jpg

Everything is surfaced then thickened. THe main parts that you see here are the fenders, front clip, headlights, and hood. Those are the individual parts in the assembly thus far. With skeleton modeling that front clip is less than 20 features.

HIII THERE

Nice designs out there and as usual CPiotrowski u just keep on impressing us by ur designs thts gr8 work out there iam really very eager to see new posts one thing i wanna ask u do u use style option while designing the cars keep doing the gr8 work

I really like the design.. and the renderings. Ship it to GM when you are done, they could use all the help they can get right now.

The front is very cool so far.

CPitrowski,

I would like to know if you mirror your features. On the bike I'm
working on (my first surfacing project) I am having a little trouble
getting the surfaces to connect properly. I think that mirroring
would help, but I worry about the continuity across the mirror plane.

Maybe I'm just trying to be too analytical with the surfacing...

MFegenbush

Apologies all for the previous post. I just read the tutorials on
sharptechdesign.com, and all I can say is WOW. Thanks to the guys
there for making a great tutorial.

Another note/question: How to I remove the blue lines from an ISDX generated curve when I leave the feature?

Thanks to everyone for putting up with me...

MFegenbush

Thanks everyone for the great compliments, I could only hope that GM would even look at this design when its done...likely not
smiley5.gif
. You can either hide the curves, turn them off in your model display properties or layer them of by clicking on layers and blanking the curve layer. Yes, I mirror the entire part, everything is modeled on one side of the center plane. I rarely use STYLE tool, I find it faster for myself to use curves and bounded surfaces. Style is a great tool tho but I am still working on incorporating it into my modeling. When I modeled the Mustang I did it at work and there they dont have the ISDX module so it wasnt even an option for me. I have it at home but havent reallyfelt the need to incorporate it yet. As of right now I typically just use curves.
Edited by: CPiotrowski

Hi C.P. I think this is realy profesional work. Yes, ISDX is great funcion in Proe to create some curves(projected, tangent,normal...) and surfaces too. Boundary function is too complicated to create: for exaple tangent connect of two surfaces after the mirroring.

THanks MIKO, they both have their advantages. I dont have any problem with tangent surfaces in mirrors, the surfaces just need to be setup correctly.

Just for information. After I posted these images I realized that I hate the fog light covers. I tried to make them similar to the originals but it just looks stupid. I was gonna remove the images but you might as well see the failures also.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back