Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF 2.0 Beta

Peterbrown77,

Build F000? Why this so? I have heard that PTC will replace its old kernel in WF 2.0. Is it true?

Will Intralink 3.3 not be working with WF 2.0 and we have to buy another? Ohhh

In Preproduction WF 2.0 datecod 2003500 there is no Pro/Mechanica Motion and is replaced by MDO. Will it be same in its production release?

Israr

Israr,

As I'm sure you've noticed, PTC has done away with the old '2003330' datecode format for one like 'M140'. F000 is (I think) just another way of saying the initial release. For example, Productview 7.0 is also shipping an F000 datecode at the present time.

I don't see that PTC has replaced the Granite kernel; WF2 just looks like a more integrated front-end to me.

You will not have to buy another Intralink; Intralink 3.3 datecode M020 will support WF2 and will be released April 2 to manufacturing, which means it will appear for download within a day or two of then.

As for Mechanica Motion, I suspect you are right; I don't know why PTC would maintain two different pieces of software (Motion and MDO) that do essentially the same thing.

Regards

By the way, there is a 150 page PDF file on the PTC site detailing the changes to Wildfire 2.0 that I think will answer most questions. You can also access it through the default web page that comes up in the built-in browser when WF2 launches.

peterbrown77, attach the link to the .pdf on PTC.com, I can't seem to find it. I want to see what's new.

thanks,

Steve C

CadCamNet also announced the release as 2nd quarter. Evidently announcing a release and actually releasing a release are not the same thing! I can't find a production WF2 download on PTC's website.

I have checked again and it is still set for Apr 19, which is when PTC sends it out for the CDs to be burned. It should appear on the website within 2-3 days of then, so certainly by next Friday.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back