Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF 2.0 Beta

Oh patterning heaven! It's a shame it's taken so long for PTC to sort this out.

I have seen no evidence of the 'Save as older version' either.

I like the velocity spinning, looks cool!

One thing, why oh why is there no recycle button on the hole creation dialogue, it's such a pain to re-enter the command everytime.

Jeff

OK you wildfire beta testers, I hear you on the Undo (and not before time). So patterning has just become intuitive and straightforward. (yeah yeah

Here's the header. It appears to be v25.

#UGC:2 PART 1308 580 0 1 1 15 2500 2003400 0000074f #- VERS 0 0 #- HOST #- LINK #- DBID #- REVS 0, #- RELL 0, #- UOBJ_ID 1069204637 1586044310 1839020389 #- MACH _Windows #-END_OF_UGC_HEADER

Moroso is correct, the preprod runs on the v24 license file.

I have a current license and it runs 2001, Wildfire 1.0 & Wildfire 2.0 with no problems at all.

As far as I can see, no datums on the fly...sigh!

:-D

Jeff

>>As far as I can see, no datums on the fly...sigh!

Same here, but my most compelling use for make-datums in the past was for circular patterns... The new axis pattern functionality eliminates my need for make-datums in this situation.

(The word 'my' is emphasized above in anticipation of a dougr attack response.)

-Brian

RE: DOTF

I just was at PTC Headquarters and the version we were using at a user group had no problems making DOTF but instead of a Make Datum menu command,I did it simply by hitting the Datum create icon in the middle of my selection process. I will load the try out version tonight and see if it does it the way I thought it did there

>>...had no problems making DOTF but instead of a Make Datum menu command,I did it simply by hitting the Datum create icon

... you asked for it...

-Brian

Is there a summary anywhere on the PTC site of the changes between WF1 and WF2? I've looked but can't find.

Have PTC said when the'll be shipping SF2?

i just installed today.

there is no save to older versions.

how do 'unlink' the sketches after feature creation?

where is sketched datum curve?

Sketched datum curve is gone; it has been replaced by the new 'Sketch' feature.

There is a new selection in the tree filters called 'Hide Used Sketches'. When you use a sketch for a feature, the icon in the model tree then disappears until you either delete the feature or uncheck 'Hide Used Sketch'; in which case it reappears. This make WF2 a little like Solidworks in its interaction: create a sketch, then chose what to do with it. Seems like a nice improvement.

There will never be the ability to save back into previous versions (WF2>WF1 or WF1>2001). What they are touting is the ability to open files created in newer DATECODES of the same release. I didn't realize this was an issue, but according to PTC it was.

Patterning is tres cool. New directional patterns for linear and rotary patterns (no Make Datums). Also, you get these cool black preview dots where each instance will be placed. You can click on any of them and they will turn white inside, denoting a place where an instance will NOT occur, so now you aren't deep into editing Pattern Tables to remove instances. A nice improvement there too.

WF2 Production will go live on the website Mar 19.

Attended a demo last week-

Sheetmetal is on the dashboard now and appears to be awesome. I didn't get to drive but the demo guy was doing so pretty cool sheetmetal stuff and it was appearing very user friendly. Many preloaded bend formats to choose from and then just edit dims.

The Undo/Redo command is only good for the session, if you get out of the part and go into another, then come back it's desabled. Which is odd because the guy from Rand told us the new file size is usually larger because the undo/redo history is embedded with each individual part. Why save the history if it is unaccessible?

A few other things, but besides the improved sheetmetal it was kinda dissapointing.

As of WF2 Datecode 2003500, several sheetmetal features still used the old menus. What datecode did the demo guy use? Was it in MXXX format?

Not real sure, I tried to contact him but he hasn't replied to any emails. The only thing I recall him saying was that it was a preproduction release.

According to Peterbrown77 it should have been released on March 19 ,this month,but it hasn't yet.

I think it will be in late April, 2004

Israr

Is it there something new in API? Does some one have checked this?

What about interaction with other applications?

Thanks in advance.

William

There was a one month delay, from Mar 19 to Apr 19. Also, for once, the compatible Intralink version will be released BEFORE the production version of Pro, which will be 3.3 M020 and is scheduled for April 2. Wildfire 2.0 will be build F000.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back