Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Spoon Competition

smiley1.gif
hihi...great work Miko!!!
smiley32.gif

Keep work going!!!

We appreciate your contribution Miko. It makes us always keep progress in our Pro/E community.

To me, I wanna express my admiration.

Best Regards

Hifoolmankh. Thank you. I am always trying to create something new and something complex..I am still learning myself great capabilities of Wildfire 2.0. I hope that will come soon my expected day when I will able to say "I have great experiences of modeling and now I can continue in next modulesMDX,MDO,FEA,BMX,AAX and so on...."

GOOD LUCK FOR ALL

Miko, I just took a look at your mustang parts, looking good. Keep us posted.

CP... If you read this... how is your Belaire coming along ?

[-Skint- said:
]

Miko, I just took a look at your mustang parts, looking good. Keep us posted.

CP... If you read this... how is your Belaire coming along ?

I am currently knee deep in getting a model done for patent at home so the belair is on the back burner until that is complete. SHouldnt be too long tho. I just got my computer a few days ago and it is running too slow for Pro for me. I need to go buy another graphics card tonight. I promised my dad so I will definetly finish the Belair, just not quite yet.
Edited by: CPiotrowski

Zaki said:
< = defer>

Hi Dear All

This is the deadline of this competition and now I am posting my part here. Detailed procedure like a tutorial I will put on my websitewithin two or three days.

2006-03-11_004847_spoon.prt.zip

I know this is an old post, but I recently played a little with spoons, and looked at this model. My question is: in the second sketch there's a spline whose ends are dimensioned with an angle to a centerline, see this picture:

I'm not able to replicate this behavior without using small portions of lines, how can this be done?

Paolo

Sketch the geometry using an ellipse.
Its easiest to 'auto dimension' the ellipse before trying to do it yourself.

zpaolo said:
I'm not able to replicate this behavior without using small portions of lines, how can this be done?

After further investigation it seems related to the fact that there are two splines joined together... It's funny because if I delete one of the splines the dimensioning remain and is working but there's no way I found to add it from the beginning with single splines :O

Paolo

The trick would be more challenging (we sometimes do this in our week long surfacing intensive) to convert a spoon model to a fork in under 10 minutes.

Here is my base spoon form....

spoon6001.jpg

Challenge I: the challenge for modeling the spoon is simply to match the plan profile while still maintaining the flat across the side profile.

Challenge II: Secondly then to convert that spoon profile quickly to a fork.
Edited by: design-engine

design-engine said:
The trick would be more challenging (we sometimes do this in our week long surfacing intensive) to convert a spoon model to a fork in under 10 minutes.

Challenge II: Secondly then to convert that spoon profile quickly to a fork.

*simply resume appropriate cut?
smiley36.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back