Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Spoon Competition

Pro-Grizzly said:
For further challendgers...

Guys, be more realistic,

remember... it's not enough to model the spoon.

The spoon must be moldability or stampability (i.e. manufacturability).

WHo is being unrealistic? We were asked to make a spoon, so, people are doing their effort to model a spoon.

Very nice work MIKO, what method did you use?
Edited by: CPiotrowski

I agree with CP... Bo****ks to manufacturability
smiley36.gif
. Nobody said we had to make it, lets keep it simple and just model stuff !!

One more thing...this is the modeling forum, not the manufacturing forum. This is where you learn to model things. Not where you learn to manufacture them. I work on shyt I have to get manufactured daily, I certainly dont want to manufacture anything I model on here. I have to think enough, anymore and I will get headaches

smiley1.gif

I think I'd actually aggree with Pro-Grizzly.. This is a modelling forum but it's also an engineers forum - It's called Pro/ENGINEER for a reason! (as opposed to Alias Studio or 3D Studio)

Anybody who has worked with ProE for more that a few months can create a pretty spoon - hell, a first year Universitydesigner could design one and it may look likethe dogs bo****ks! but at the end of the daywhat good is it?
smiley5.gif

Making a flowing surface is easy- all it takes is a bit of practice..

"desigining" a spoon which cannot be manufactured iseasy.. the real skill, the real challenge is developing a design which can be manufactured but still when you look at it,you say "I want one!"
smiley36.gif

Just my $0.02c

Nice Pict Cian!

keep up the nice work everybody!

Hi CP.
My spoon I created with hybrid modeling method. I used ISDX for complex shapes of the spoon and for other shape I used boundary bland. I can sent you the part if you want.
And here is another thing what I want to say (write).
It was interesting challenge, competition for me but pretty easy to do.
smiley4.gif

PS: Does anybody know how we can create a variable thickeness of the spoon sheetmetal?
smiley18.gif

I am simply amazed by this groups renderings and modeling techniques, especially CP. I have been using ProE for a few years now, but due to the fact that I am limited (at work) to working with just Drawings I am somewhat limited to ProE growth. I so would love to learn Surfacing and Rendering. Where do you start? Are there tutorials available on this site? Any book recommendations?

Thank you.

Thanks Cam. As far as tutorials, I know there are alot of them for surfacing but not many for rendering. Its mostly learned based on experience. I am sure there are plenty of people on here that can lead you to some good tutorials for surfacing.

FYI...my spoon can be made.

raedbenz said:
hi skint..

how did u make the shadow for the spoon..???

Hi mate, when you start your render you should have the following options ( im using wildfire 2.0 ) :

Render Control - Modify Rendering Settings - Option : Room : Shadows on floor.

The rest is just playing around with your position of your lighting.

Thank you all ! I am really very happy when I can see that issomeone interested to my job!
smiley4.gif

I would like to see more challenges on this greatforum!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back