Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Forum Quality

What can be done with topics and posts whit problems described like 1,2 and 3? Any solutions? Any tips?

I think Dougr make a clear point but I think that is not all. Lots of
new members, lots of breaking rules, lots of newbies ......

If all people think I make mistake about Barts post

What can be done about SPAM in the forum???
smiley2.gif

<tg>

On other forums you just repremand folks that get out of line. You do it with tack like you did with me. Not like the poor guy who posted the Solidworks question to the Pro/E fourm. He may get turned off and never come back. The more people on this forum the better quality. Some questions I spend 30 minutes on. I think we need more people than less.

The best help I can offer is from my vast knowlege of free resources on the net. Secondly from answering Pro/E questions. It seams to me we need more newbies than oldies. I want to share my knowledge just like all tho others on the board.

Not to make this about me but maybe my signature is too long for you guys? It has too much color and it is too loud? I could do a monthly online class for surfacing. Might be fun. I might be able to do one every other month. SPeeling, can you do one every other month on another topic?

How many people are on the board back in 2002?

Edited by: design-engine

I think I have a better idea than paid admittance. Create a new user classification; Noise. Five votes in a week and the Noise user rating is applied for two weeks. Other users can apply a "No Noise" filter.
smiley36.gif

Design Engine, I think you are very open minded on this topic. I have been a member for awhile now, and have learned to read what I want, and respond to and contribute what I want (or am able). After that, what is the great concern? It seems though, that this topic has created more noise and therefore more folks time, than any newbie query.
Cheers to all.
Cello

Speling,

I agree with what you are talking aboutwithsomeone stepping on my thread. I just looked at that and thought WTF. We could spend the next year talking about how to make things better. I don't know about you but this is the first time I saw someone get bounced off of the forum. I think that this rant has gotten the admins attention. Some of these people don't do this kind of thing just to do it, I think that the guy that stepped on my thread does not understand how things work. I think that the pro e world not just on this site but on others help each other out. I go to forums about my VW's and when a newbie like me starts a thread they ignore you like a bad cold?

Just a thought... But do we really want to appear so harsh to new members that they are put off joining ??

Inexperiencedproe users comes here for help and advice from those who are more experienced with the software. If i can help .. i will .. regardless of what the topic heading is !!

Remember aswell, that not all members of this forum are fluent in English.. Speling you must realize how difficult it can be to get across your questions / opinionsin a language which is not your native language ! It is difficult...

Just a thought....

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back