Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wind Turbind Blade model

james.lynch

Hi everybody.

I'm doing a project for college at the moment ( some fea work on a wind turbine blade) and unfortunately I'm lacking a model! Lecturers never think of these things when they ask you to do them!

I've no problem drawing the model, but the problem is I have no dimensions/profiles etc..
smiley19.gif

so I was wondering if anybody here happened to have a model or even a 2d drawing would be highly benificial.

Thanks in advance for the help,

James

Hi, James.

You might search the web for some info. I've never stumbled across any models but have seen documents that might help you out.

I do have a pdf that I ran across and kept because it looked interesting, looked like a good overview, possibly enough dimensional info to model. It's for an NREL S809 profile (this stuff means nothing to me) approx. 10.5 meter rotor with some analytical data. I can email if you want. Approx 700 KB.

--------

It's quite possible that if you did a little looking around you could find a manufacturer that would be happy to give you a model. (???)

Edited by: jeff4136

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back