Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire Crash

Sidemout

We have 2 computers running Wildfire. Both local licenses. The first release had a habit of just disappearing. The program would literally just end, no warning, not locking up, just end. We were sent a newer release (now up to 2003170), it no longer does that. What the new release does is hang. A lot! sometimes 4 or 5 times in a row.

We are running computers supplied by a PTC rep. So hardware configuration shouldn't be a problem. Any ideas how to become productive?

Right now, the only thing that sounds like a good idea is going back to Solidworks.

Well, if you want to sacrifice alot of functionality, by all means go back to SW.

But, as far as assuming the hardware configuration supplied by PTC rep is OK; you're making a big assumption. Hardware config as well as operating system can make a big difference

It does sound like hardware, I have installed it on a few machines without issue.

What are you doing when it hangs?

Mike

Well, I think the problem might be your hardware and to a lesser extent the operating system. I had the same problem with my Proe2001, but after changing the OS, the number of times it used to hang, reduced! Then on upgrading the display card and a little bit of RAM, it was smooth sailing...

Rishi

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back