Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

What do you think?

Not really a Rant and Rave but I guess there is not a C&C forum at the momet.

Looks very good in my opinion. Is this a personal project or is for work? How long did it take you to get this far?

Thanks aandersen,

It's mostly for work, running the motor with Mech Design and throwing different rods in it to get clearances.

I have about 90 hrs into right now, I still have to put in the timing gear drive, cam, push rods etc. but everything is already modeled

very good work actually

i wonder...

is it possible for me to have this assembly in order to make it work with MDX.. ??

it would be a great challenge

of course you will receive the results....

with no cost of course...

Karavasilis

Good work really it is.

Now-a-days I am working on MDO/MDX of large assemblies.

This will be a challenge for me. After doing Mechanism dynamics I would like to link it with Pro/Mechanica and ANSYS DesignSpace to complete the analysis. Pro/Mechanica supports MDO but will Design Space accept it?

Interesting it will be.

Israr

lots of effort to do this!

Can you say a bit about your method for modelling the camshaft profiles?

Yeah, I agree it looks good. Can I get a copy too? I would like to be able to see it work in Mechanism.

Looks excellent, great job. I would also like to have

a copy of the assembly model, especially with the

MDX connections in place. Putting this all in motion

would not only be very cool to look at but would also

be a great training aid on MDX and hopefully excite

others to use it.

That is totally awesome!

I think now you need to add a big ole' Holly double pumper, maybe 650 CFM, a giant Roots type blower, some straight headers........

Thanks for all the feedback 8^)

The cam profiles were done tracing them out on paper (I didn't have any paperwork on the cam) and the scanned to make a raster image tem converted them to a vector format to use the curve as geometry.

I have a Holley Dominator 1000 sitting in my desk draw that I'm hoping to tear down and draw if the owner will let me.

Eventually this motor will have a gear timing drive, roller cam and lifters, 23 deg heads (couldn't find and 18 deg. SB2 heads).

When this is done I have a big block to do the I'm going to do the 5.8L FI out of my truck this winter.

Very slick. I remember a while back that one of the NASCAR engine building companies had digitized a small block using a coordinate measuring machine. It was mainly an article hyping the reverse engineering software but I forget what the package was called.

-Bernie-

Wow..

Looks way cool.

How did you get the dimensions for all the parts. did you get a set of drawings out of GM or did you just start laying ruler over an an old engine you had lying around ?

It look great, do you think your compamy will let you publish it on the downlaod a file page in this forum ? I would love to render it up and make a desktop wallpaper out of it.

Skuld

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back