Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

toriodal blend

manojnaik

hi every body,

can any body help in modeling using toriadal blend.

I have made bush using toriodal blend. But I am not able to get the desired diameter.

can any body help me ??

thanks

Circumference = pi * radius^2,

or

C = pi*r^2 = pi*.25*dia^2

therefore,

the length of your part should be pi*.25*diameter^2.

If you wanted a diameter of 10, then the length would be 78.54.

hello friends,

I am facing a problem in toroidal bend when we need to specify the 2 parallel planes which defines the lenth or radius of the toroidal bend. how u people select the these parallel planes. And also any other applications of toridal bend besides Tyres.

thank you

Harsha.T.

dear harsha,

the two parallel planes must be parallel to the sketching plane.try it out.

Hi,

Select two end faces of the solid & try this on a protrusion like a plank dimensions 50x20x500 select two endfaces lengthwise.

Salil.

The two parallel planes are the two planes that will wrap around and meet each other to form a circle.

Actually, the area formula of a circle is A=pi*rad^2. The curcumference formula is the first derivative of the area formula, or C=2*pi*rad, or C=pi*dia. (See, for example, Mark's Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers p. 2-8)

If you want a diameter of 10, then your length would be 31.416.

-James-

Doh! James is right. I don't know what I was thinking...

C=2*pi*radius

C=pi*diameter

radius = .5*C/pi

diameter = C/pi

Thanks James!

Hi all,

My problem remains with me .

I have tried putting value pi*D

But my problem is that diameter what I am getting is nearer to the actual value but not exact.

NowI have made this component with spinal bend

Probably I have used this (toriodal bend) command for wrong

application??....

In that case what is the exact application of toridal bend??only for tire application??

hello all,

thank you friends, I have one problem helical sweeping along the non-linear trajectories. for example I want to model telephone cord which is a spring but its axis is not a stright line, it is a curve.

thank you

harsha

If you use Spinal Bend you can sketch the inner circle as two 180 deg arcs and you should get the right size inner diameter.

MjCole,

No need to draw in two steps this (360 deg.)can be achieved in one Spinal Bend feature only.Just try through

select curve.

Salil.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back