Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

there must be an easier way..

james.lynch

View attachment 979

View attachment 980

So.. I have this phone.. (i've been playing around with ISDX testing their "best practice" techniques.. )

View attachment 981

but now I want to project the numbers onto the Numerious surfaces, then use these projected curves to simply splitthese surfaces..

View attachment 982

now I can do it one by one by one... but after only 3 numbers.. I want to pull my hair out! also the "curves" produced by the text in sketcher is all facited.. is there such a thing as a spline based text?

Help please!
smiley7.gif

Cheers
smiley36.gif

James
Edited by: james.lynch

from my experience using projected curves to convey engraving data for CNC milling onto a freeformed surface- yes there is spline-based-text (based on the comlpaints of the mill dept) and nO- it is a one-by-one operation.
smiley11.gif

misunderstood- the cosmetic groove, projected onto a freeformed surface was percieved by pro-manufacture as a spline, and took a good amount of time to cut on a 6 axis machine.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back