Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

stent design

jochen

Help
smiley19.gif
!!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me, how to create a stent !!!!!!!

Hi,

Stent creation methodologies vary from geometry to geometry (can vary between slotted tube type and coil type for starters!!!). I have used the feature in proe2001 called "tweak offset" to create the stent geometry patterns on the cylindrical surface of a blind cylinder . The sketches have been extruded normal to surface and projected on to the surface. I then used the regular solid cut option to create a hole to obtain the stent wall of desired thickness.

Hope this helps

Regards

Akshay

Hi Mr. Akshay,

thanks a lot for your help. I am founding a the moment a laser job-shop for finecutting with Nd:YAG-Laser. So, if you do need some prototypes, let me know. We can also do electropolishing.

Best wishes and maybe in the future.

Jochen

Hi Mr. Akshay,

I don't find a feature called "tweak offset" in Pro/E. Could you explain it to me or even better, could you send me an example for the procedere to create a stent geometry pattern. Thanks a lot.

Jochen

Hi again,

The option is available under :

Feature >Create >Tweak >Offset

If you can wait till Thursday I shall be able to provide you with a video of the technique.

Regards

Akshay

Hi Mr. Akshay,

thanks a lot for your help. Certainly, I can wait till Thursday.

Best wishes,

Jochen

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back