Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Register Log in

stent design

ASQUARE

Hi,

Stent creation methodologies vary from geometry to geometry (can vary between slotted tube type and coil type for starters!!!). I have used the feature in proe2001 called "tweak offset" to create the stent geometry patterns on the cylindrical surface of a blind cylinder . The sketches have been extruded normal to surface and projected on to the surface. I then used the regular solid cut option to create a hole to obtain the stent wall of desired thickness.

Hope this helps

Regards

Akshay

jochen

Hi Mr. Akshay,

thanks a lot for your help. I am founding a the moment a laser job-shop for finecutting with Nd:YAG-Laser. So, if you do need some prototypes, let me know. We can also do electropolishing.

Best wishes and maybe in the future.

Jochen

jochen

Hi Mr. Akshay,

I don't find a feature called "tweak offset" in Pro/E. Could you explain it to me or even better, could you send me an example for the procedere to create a stent geometry pattern. Thanks a lot.

Jochen

ASQUARE

Hi again,

The option is available under :

Feature >Create >Tweak >Offset

If you can wait till Thursday I shall be able to provide you with a video of the technique.

Regards

Akshay

jochen

Hi Mr. Akshay,

thanks a lot for your help. Certainly, I can wait till Thursday.

Best wishes,

Jochen

Sponsor