Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Spring Dimensioning Problem

coward_hk

Hi everyone...

Does anyone know how put dimensions for a spring?? I created a spring by using helical sweep feature. Then, in drawing mode, i cannot put the dimensions for the diameter of spring as well as the spring wire size.

Thanks in advance.
smiley2.gif

You need a perpendicular plane to get something "dimensionable". That means adequate orientation or a section view.

Best thing however is to retrieve model parameters.

Alex

There should be no problem getting a fully dimensioned spring drawing using model dimensions. You can always use an extra centerline or point in your sketch to add extra dimensions like spring OD if your model is based on mean diameter for instance. I also add some offset datum planes to the the L1 & L2 dimensions.

I think I know what the problem is. In the sketch, choose a centerline, then a geometrical entity, then the centerline once again, middle mouse button to display the dim. This will give you the diametrical dimension of the outside of the spring. To get the diameter of the wire, in sketcher double mouse click the circle you had drawn and middle mouse button to display the dimension.
Edited by: donha

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back