Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sketcher to .DXF question

nofalloff

Is there a way to export a sketch as a .dxf (or other standard file format) file while in sketcher? I would rather not have to go through the trouble of extruding a solid , then creating a drawing just to have a.dxf of a sketch.

Hope someone will correct me if wrong; believe you will have to go to the trouble of creating a drawing view and export from drw.

Export to autocad as ... ?
smiley1.gif

smiley4.gif
....we tend to associate dxf with autocad. I faced the same problem. I am not having proe in front of me. But I remember it to be something like what I described above. Or perhaps I made a sketched datum curve took it into drw and then exported it as dwg / dxf.

I didn't have to create a solid and that is for sure.

While in sketcher all you can export is a .sec file, you can just sketch curves and then goto drawing mode and export as DXF no need to make a solid or even save the drawing.

But DXF export is only in Drawing mode, not part..least in r2001

I agree with wsylvester Shetch as curve & place in drawing, Then export/save a copy as dwg or dxf. (in WF2)

Regards

prem

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back