Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

search path and search.pro

saspinall

Our pc configuration is to have WF2 loaded on each machine with all pro-e parts, assemblies and drawings on a network drive divided into several sub-directories. We currently have no pdm software running. I tried to use a search.pro file, pointing the config.pro option search_path_file to the dir where I'd stored the search.pro sa as I could access other parts from other directories into my assembly. This didn't work. I then applied search_path to config.pro for each directoryI wish to use, still no luck. Anyone any ideas. Use XP, WF2

Thanks in advance

Stu

We have the same setup as you and I had the same problem. Pro/E documentation states (used to anyway) be sure you don't use spaces in directory names and it is case-sensitive. Keep in mind that every time you change your config file or seach path file you will need to exit Pro/E and re-launch for changes to take affect. Also, consider creating a config.sup file to place in the \text directory. This config file can have all the company standards on them and users cannot alter them. Then have a seperate config.pro file placed in each users default directory which can contain additional settings.

I hate to ask a silly question.. but have you tried to give the exact path and the file name in it? meaning... c:\programs\config\search.pro in the config option.

Matthew

You should be able to get around this by using Quote's "Program Files" in your config.pro

I have not tried it but I know it works for Batch files. I install everything in c:\ptc\

P.S. The longer the search.pro becomes the longer it takes to pull up assemblies.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back