Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PROGRAM CRASH ISSUES

CPiotrowski

I am using WILDFIRE to do some surfacing. I am in the beginning stages of this model so the file size is very small. When I go to insert another free form solid, during the forming of the solid the program just disappears. It doesnt freeze, give an error code or anything, just disappears as if Ihit X.I try, and try, and try again with the same outcome. Usually at different times in the same process.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this malfunction? It is preventing me from making my model and basically driving me insane.

Any help would be appreciated.
smiley4.gif

Edited by: CPiotrowski

Is very dificult to have an pertinent opinion abbout this type of crashes

I found errors like this just for kind of parts

In my opinion is something strange with model from you want copy surface

May be is internal error in this part

Try to copy from another.........

Tha part you copy from is in the same directory? or you search in network?

Keep in touch

Cristel

I suppose i could restart the model but I will lose alot ofmodeling to potentially end up with the same outcome. I have seen this before but with 2001, I was able to avoid this happening by simply not hitting a key in a certain process. I cant avoid this one because its something I need to do. I will try to remodel it, not happy about it but will try anything at this point.

i SUGEST TO TO MAKE A NEW DRAWING empty

and use option copy from another model where model is part with problems

Sometimes working

Cristel

I'm not using any drawings for this model, it is strictly for visual show. I took your advice though and tried to start over and so far it seems to work. There must have been an internal error with the previous model that was causing the problem. So, for now, problem solved.

Onto my next problem...

When rendering a fairly complex model, when I try to render with 64 or morepasses on ray tracingfor better quality I get an error message like this:

xtop.exe has encountered a problem and must close. Any unsaved information you were working on may have been lost.

This issue has really been a problem for me because I cannot render my models with any fine detail. Any ideas?

GRAPHIC CARD

myself i had manny problems with that

finally i download he latest version of driver graphics card and now it works fine

or is not on the accelerator?(grafic accelerator OPEN GL)

Is this a graphics card specifically for Pro E or is it basically needed for all rendering programs. How do I obtain it. Is it something I can just download or do I need to go to a computer store to get it?

I also have another question since I have your attention. This is a wireframe of the model I am referring to. I am having a problem cutting the surface. When I make the cut for the wheel wells it says cut is completely outside of model. The way the model is set up is the only way I could figure it which is:

I created a square protrusion, from there I copiedone side of the protrusionand moved it away from the copied surface. The reason I did this is because I couldnt figure out how to mirror my protrusion. Once I copied and moved the surface, I was then able to mirror the copied surface to itself. I did this so both sides of the car were symetrical. Now, when I try to cut the surface it says that message. What am I doing wrong?

liquid_six_2_wireframe_2.jpg

Edited by: CPiotrowski

Hi,

What graphic card are you using, Also what is your memory swap space (RAM)set at ? For large renderings it is recomended at a minimum of 1024MB..

Tinag

I'm not sure what my graphic card is, just the one that came with the computer. The only thing I have upgraded is 1meg RAM and a 528HD. The graphic card is original. I'm not sure how to set my RAM swap so I dont really know where its sets at now.

go into control panel. double click on the system icon. There should be a tab labeled advanced, click on this and access the performance tab. Access advaned settings there. From there you should be able to set the RAM used for each hard drive. Make sure they are all set to 1024 and apply.

This is PTC's recommended setting for use with proe.

I will try it now, is that gonna help me with my rendering problem or do I still need to upgrade my graphics card?

not sure.. it will help to an extent as rendering takes up alot of memory, so the more available the better. Can you tell me which graphics card you have ?

If ur not sure go into control panel and find the display icon. one of the tabs in there should tell you which graphics card you are using.

INTEL(R) EXTREME GRAPHICS REPORT

Report Date:12/09/2004
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]:10:35:12
Driver Version:6.13.10.3510
Operating System:Windows NT* 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
Default Language:English
DirectX* Version:9.0
Physical Memory:1022 MB
Min. Graphics Memory:1 MB
Max. Graphics Memory:64 MB
Graphics Memory in use:13 MB
Processor:x86
Processor Speed:2193 MHZ
Vendor ID:0x8086
Device ID:0x2562
Device Revision:1

* Output Devices Connected to Graphics Accelerator *

Active Monitors:1

mmmmm, i dont know this graphic card. We use the GeForce3 graphic card with 64MB memory altho' 128MB is recomended.

A possible change ingraphic'scard would probably solve a few of your problems..

tinag said:
go into control panel. double click on the system icon. There should be a tab labeled advanced, click on this and access the performance tab. Access advaned settings there. From there you should be able to set the RAM used for each hard drive. Make sure they are all set to 1024 and apply.

This is PTC's recommended setting for use with proe.

I can only change the Virtual Memory minimum and maximum size and that is already set to 1533. Should I change that to 1024?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back