Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

problem with &scale

paoloz

Dear all,

When I begin a drawing, ProE 2001 chooses a certain scale for the drawing. I can read scale: 1:1, part name: prt0001.prt, etc etc...

By now, if I want to use a different scale I have to use a view with scale, so that I have my view with the label "scale 1:2".

How can I modify the general scale of the drawing? (the parameter &scale, I mean)This means that &scale changes and I can use it in my format table.

Bye all,

Paolo

If you want to change your general scale factor. Click on edit --> value --> and click on the scale value in the lower left corner of your graphics window.
However,....
If you want an automtic 'scale label' with your view.... Put a view with as attribute 'scale' instead of 'no scale.

View attachment 910

Be aware that views set with 'scale' will not change if you change your 'general' scale factor. ButI think you already know that....
smiley1.gif

Regards,
FDDesign
Edited by: FDdesign

Paolo,

Straight from ProE-help : (Yes, sometimes it's information ! )
<H1 style="MARGIN-TOP: 7pt; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 2pt; MARGIN-RIGHT: 6.5pt">To Modify the Drawing Scale</H1>
1.On the menu bar, click Edit > Value.
2.At the lower-left corner of the drawing window, select the label or value for the Scale (drawing scale).
3.At the prompt, enter a new drawing scale value.
All views of the active drawing model (except for detailed and scaled views) change in size corresponding to the new drawing scale value.
Alex

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back