Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro/Program

Sch

I wonder if it is posible to rename an assembled model in pro/program, I have not yet ben able to find the right syntax

for this operation. have any of u got a solution for this problem?

Rgs. S

I don't think it is possible, because in pro program you can only modify a part or an assembly through parameter and you can't force the system parameter rel_model_name() to be equal to a user parameter !!!!

If you explain better what you wish to do, perhaps I can help you

regards

Albert

Im trying to make a manufacturing assembly that automaticly

assembles a specyfied ref model and generates a new (copy) a workpiece. So far I have been able to make the ref model and

the manufacturing features resolve automaticly, but I still

hav'nt found a way to generate the copy (rename) of the workpiece.

Dou you simply assembly the workpiece or through pro/program pass to it some values or parameters? If you canghe via program an assembled part then you can instantiate it, that is exactly a save_ascommand. If ins't a problem for you have a family table of wokpieces this could be a solution.

I don't think you can do this without some external programming.

However, if you are looking to rename the NCL file based on a parameter, you can set a relation in the manufacturing like this:

NCL_FILE = MY_PARAM

This will set the name of the NCL file when you export it.

Jim

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back