Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro-Mechannica X Ansys

amd450

Certanly Ansys have more resources but I woud like of know, about convergence, only in the area Structural the Pro-M is very different of Ansys ? I said in the final result for example Stress, displacement and so on.

Thanks in advance

Andre Almeida

Pro/Mechanica is best when used in integrated mode and when quick results are required. Another advantage is of parametricity and sensitivity & optimization analysis.

Pro/Mechanica Wildfire has improved solver and option for mesh control.

You need hours and hours to model in ANSYS while imported models have problems of geometry fixing and no parametricity.

Israr

I would have agreed a few years ago about Ansys having problems, but your really need to try it using the Pro/E plug-in and the new interface (same interface as DesignSpace), it makes Pro/Mechanica a waste of time... in my opinion

kschubert,

You are talking of ANSYS 8.0 or later?

I haven't used it.

By plug-in you mean DesignSpace or classical ANSYS?

Israr

actually with version 7 and later Ansys redid the interface so that it was the same as DesignSpace - you can still get into classical environment if you're sick and twisted :)

As with Designspace, you need CAD specific modules to be able to import geometry. One of the nice things about these modules is that when you update the pro/e file, you can update the analysis and keep your loads, materials, etc (unless you deleted a feature that a constraint was placed on... then you have to fix that constraint).

Anyway, I think the Ansys WorkBench Environment (AWE) is as far above mechanica as Pro/e is above ink on mylar

remember you get what you pay for and my opinons are free :)

Keith

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back