Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

mirror/copies in assembly

dacct

Is it possible to have mirrored or copied parts to be created/referenced in an assembly w/o Proe actually generating a PRT file for the copies?

thx.

In Woldfire 2.0 you can use copy and paste special commands for moving parts around in the assemby. Using component operations you can copy a component or multiple components w/o generating PRT file for the copies.

Israr

To create mirror part from one of the component in an assemlby..

In assmebly .go to > component>create>sub-type>mirror

Then select the part you need to copy mirror..

hope this can help..

Thx for the replies. I had no figured out that some tools would be located under different menu sets (i.e. didn't find out about the Component Operations before).

Copy/Paste Special commands are new to WF2 (http://www.ptc.com/appserver/it/icm/cda/template_lib/rel_notes/note.jsp?im_dbkey=20705)

As for mirroring a part, I managed doing this before but it always seem to generate a PRT file. I only wished the original part could be referenced with a mirror option or scaling (i.e. -1 in x).

Hi,

Use the repeat command and change only the constranint/s which is/are different from the original. There may be other ways, however this is one way to to be secured from generating PRT files while copying/mirroring.

Khurshid

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back