Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Mechanism of geneva-wheel

ikarthik_81

Hello everyone

i would like to know whether we can annimate mechanism of intermittent motion such as geneva-wheelin pro/e 2001. should i have to give two servo motors. But then what should be the motor types. one is of uniform type but the other is not.

View attachment 561

thank you

Karthik

I believe you only need one servo motor to animate the geneva wheel. Place one on the blue disc in the picture. You do however need four cam connections, eachwith lift-off enabled. One between the pin and each of the four slots on the green wheel.

Justgeo is right on -the one servo motor on your disk, andyou can do that with one cam connectionor four, just make sure that you have the lift off enabled and if it fails check your tolerances. Sometimes you will have trouble with it of the slot is too deep compared to the final location of the pin.
When you drag it you might get an error when doing so, but should be fine when you run it...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back