Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Making a Pattern of Multiple Patterns

isoman4

I have a series of beams patterned radially at an angle that I want to make a pattern of.

How can I unpattern this pattern of beams in order to make a translational pattern of them?

Assuming this is a beam in an assembly:

Delete the pattern: [Component > Del Pattern]. Then redefine the beam component with linear dimensions instead of radial dimensions. Then pattern the component again using the new dimensioning scheme.

If this is a feature in a part, same logic applies.

Sorry, I think i misunderstood your question. You want to pattern a pattern.

Group the pattern [Feature > Group > Local Group (enter a name)], then select the pattern. Then from the Group menu, select Pattern, and pattern the new group that you just made. Use the dimensions from the first pattern.

to pattern a patterned group do one thing make this pattern as a group and now go to group pattern and pattern this group.u can do this i have done it in patterning holes. i made a hole patterened it lenierly and made it as a group and then patterened this group radilly.

magi

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back