Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

list of config.pro options

gggggggggg

Does anyone have a complete list of available config.pro options? Or perhaps know of a website? Or anything?

I'm not really looking for anything in particular, just curious.

Also, does anyone know if PTC still insists on having "hidden" config.pro options? This was a rather heated topic some years ago, but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time.

Rock on,

GM

I went to olaf's site, but the web site just told me the names of the hidden options. How do I know exactly what they are doing and what to set the value to?

OH

Do you mean the find option dialog box? The dialog box doesn't give me a depcription when I search for a hidden config.pro option.

I have a probem with printing with pro/e. We have a OCE printer, which prints fine with autocad, but not with pro/e. Does anybody know of print preview command or a config.pro option I can use?

Omar

bear in mind that there are two config options lists. One is the final release list and the other is the beta list. sometimes the beta options will work, but are not listed in the final list due to concerns about compatibility or stability...

cheers,

M

magneplanar said:
bear in mind that there are two config options lists. One is the final release list and the other is the beta list. sometimes the beta options will work, but are not listed in the final list due to concerns about compatibility or stability...

cheers,

M

magneplanar is right. These hidden config.pro is under alfa or beta testing. Most of it work, but with no guarantee from PTC.

proengineertips said:
prohammy said:
All,

Re the hidden config options have a look at this site (in fact have a look at the whole site, its bloody good)

[url]http://www.proengineertips.com/index.php?option=com_content& amp; amp; amp;task=view&id=39&Itemid=71 [/url]

Kev

Thank you prohammy. Appreciate your introduction!

Hopes you guys enjoy the tips & tutorial

No probs,

This is just the sort of site that I like (always looking at Proe things that help me do things quicker) and I think it is well worth a visit every week or two. I like the animated tips especially.

Its one of the things that I think is lacking on this site. (There's a collaboration idea for you and Mr Atkins to have a chat about)

Kev

prohammy said:
No probs,

This is just the sort of site that I like (always looking at Proe things that help me do things quicker) and I think it is well worth a visit every week or two. I like the animated tips especially.

Its one of the things that I think is lacking on this site. (There's a collaboration idea for you and Mr Atkins to have a chat about)

Kev

I feel that proengineertips is lacking of interaction. I'm now working on the scrips to see if I can add some interactive stuff..

Regards to your suggestion, can u explain a bit more? I'm interested to get suggestion to improve the site.

proengineertips said:
Regards to your suggestion, can u explain a bit more? I'm interested to get suggestion to improve the site.

I use the MCAD site a lot for a variety of questions and queries, but when you look at the articles tab, it is very poor ........ (and yes I know that I could get up off my ass and do something about it, before others have a go at me). It's something I think is lacking on the MCAD CENTRAL site thatyour site could provide (maybe as a link on this site)

Kev

prohammy said:
I use the MCAD site a lot for a variety of questions and queries, but when you look at the articles tab, it is very poor ........ (and yes I know that I could get up off my ass and do something about it, before others have a go at me). It's something I think is lacking on the MCAD CENTRAL site thatyour site could provide (maybe as a link on this site)

Kev

smiley1.gif
this is what I felt too. Not only in MCAD Central but in most of other similar website.

I started proengineertips.com because of this.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back