Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Layouts and Supression

quinterow

Dear Colleagues,

I'd like to know if i can supress a feature from a layout, if so, how should this be done.

Thanks and, best regards

The answer to your question is yes.

I'll attempt to give you the shorthand answer to this one...as there may be a few ways to do this and many details...but one basic example way is to do the following:

1. create part model (or assy model) and once the features have been generated, create a parameter..we'll call it machine_slot as a yes/no type in the part.

2. then using pro/program establish a program entry to suppress the feature when the parameter machine_slot is set to no and resumed when set to yes. save and exit model.

3. create a layout with a parameter...we'll call that one slot with the same 'yes/no' type and save the layout.

4. With the layout open, re-open the part and declare the layout to the part and then write a relation in the desired part to make the value of machine_slot equal to the layout param value of slot.

i.e. machine_slot=slot save the model.

now everytime you set the value to no for the slot parameter in the layout it will suppress the feature in the part via the pro/program definition. This may not be the way it should be done as it should apply to what your trying to accomplish, which the steps and parameters may vary a bit, and this requires you to know a little pro/program functions.

You can also make drawing views with only particular features or parts suppressed:

Part drawings

Views | Represent | Pick views - Pick the view - Simplify

Select the features in the part to hide.

Assembly drawings

Views | Disp Mode | Memb Disp | Blank

Pick the part in the view you want to hide/blank

Use the same menu to unblank...

Ed

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back