Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Interchange groups from Layouts

quinterow

Dear Colleagues,

i'd like to know how to use interchange groups and interchange with tables from a Layout, Is it there a tutorial?

Thanks and Best Regards.

I'm confused. Interchange groups are different from interchange via layout which is different from interchanging family table instances. Can you clarify what you want to do?

Thanks for your response mmead0ws,

What i want is to replace a part in an assy, the part is an instance of a table, but i do need this from a layout, simply by changing the name of the instance in the layout.

For your help, Thanks and Best Regards

WQ

Create the assembly, family tabled component, and layout. Family tables don't require references defined in the layout. All you need in the layout is a parameter that specifies the family table instance name without the extension.

In the assembly, declare the layout. Then edit the program for the assembly. Locate the family tabled part you want to interchange, and replace the name of the part with the name of the layout parameter.

ADD PART (INSTANCE_NAME)

INTERNAL COMPONENT ID 39

END ADD

You do not have to create the parameter in the assembly. Simply declaring it is good enough. Now change the instance name in the layout and the assembly will update.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back