Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Inch Holes

rajapur

I am working on a project for an europian customer, where I need to show inch holes like 11/32", 1/8". How do I show these (Tapepd holes) in proe 2001?

Click on the thread and show the dimensions. Click on the dimensions and clock on the dsimension in the drop down menu. A dialog box should come up. This is where you can change it to a fraction.

One option is use of proper HOL file for pipe (Withworth) threaded holes. The other option is to create dimension in the drawing and change dimension text to @O1/8" (instead of default @D), but you loose asociativity with that.

They must be pipe threads, inch sizes are widely used in Europe. While working in France, the first part I designed with pipe threads I looked up the ISO metric pipe thread standard and specified that on the print. The French manufacturing engineer came to me and asked "What is this thread?" They were used to ANSI NPT!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back