Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

I bet anyone can figure out this one

trillicomm

This is an easy one for you guys. I need help.

I create a column to display a distance analysis. I have 50 measure items of such various distances in the model tree. How do I do that: I create a Feat Parameter column so it displays the distance measured from the Analysis. Simple! But when I change the model, the measures will reflect the new distance. Well, I can't read 50 items over and over every time I change the model to check for the specs. The reason I read them again is to check if any distance is under 0.100". I know I will miss some times so I need a way to simplify the detection. Say, if a distance is under 0.100", a new column will display a note across that particular measure saying "Fail". Else, it does not display anything.

Simple but I am a newbie in WF2. Please give me something to think about. Thanks

T

You can add another column with a rpt.rel.user defined parameter called ANSWER then right a table relation along the lines of

if ANALYSIS == <0.1 then

ANSWER == "FAIL"

else ANSWER == " "

endif

or somthing along those line, not sure if the syntax is correct but Im sure if you search in the forums for table relations you'll find a solution.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back