Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to replace a model with shrinkwrap?

skraba

Hello!

I have a problem. I want to replace existing assembly with a shrinkwrap. Desired method of shrinkwrap creation is merged solid, not faceted surface.

When I create Shrinkwrap using Save To option, I can't replace assembly (Pro/E stating: assembly model and shrinkwrap model are not associated). If I try to replace assembly with a shrinkwrap, created using Data Sharing option (Insert/Data Sharing/Create Shrinkwrap from Other Model), I only get faceted surface shrinwrap, which is useless for DWGs.

How the heck do I create merged solid shrinkwrap using Insert / Data Sharing option? Or is there another way?

Regards,

Jurij Skraba

I have found the solution for replacing assembly with Save As Copy created Merged solid shrinkwrap.

To succesfully replace assembly with Merged solid Shrinkwrap, you have to add

ALLOW_COPY_WITH_EXT_REFS yes

ALLOW_GEOM_REP_REF yes

options into your config.pro file.

I'm not sure for the latter one, but I don't have time to roll the replacing procedures all over again. You can try also with the first option.

Best regards,

Jurij Skraba

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back