Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to hilight a particular dimension by its symbol

maurya

In drawing mode how can I tell Pro/E to highlight a particular dimension by its symbol(eg:d123),as I can do in Part mode using Relations-->show dim

Any help appreciated

regards

Maurya

If you want to show the symbol in the drawing use Advanced>Relations. I am not sure that is what you are asking.

You should be able to do the same in drawing mode.

Advanced/Relations/Show Dim

But it seems to be greyed out in my menu. Don't know if it's a bug or what.

You can try Edit/Find In Sheet. This will highlight all of the dimensions, but it can sort shown/created dims. If your feature is on a layer you can sort by that. Not the best method but I figured it might help.

As ProFishnet rightly pointed the show Dim command is greyed out while in drawing mode.Edit/Find in Sheet helps us to highlight all of the shown dimensions/created dimensions.

But my requirement is to catch hold of a particular dimension.

Regards

maurya

Try Info/Model/Edit/Search and type in d123...it will take you to the feature that contains that dimension. Then erase & show again that particular feature's dims to show you where it is on the drawing. Best I can do for now, hope it helps.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back