Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How do you think you will react when...

Bernie, you hit the nail on the head and its only going to keep getting worse if somethings not done about it. If PTC is going to become a profitable company again, it's going to have to stop maintaining all these old releases.

Mike, I said, and I'll stand by it, that UG has a better more intuitive user interface than Pro/E. At least with UG you get some kind of idea what to do next.

Steve C

Steve,

It may be that Iam thinking pro e while trying to use UG.

It does do some cool things but it is not intuitive

**I dont think intuitive describes any software. Breathing is intuitive, there arent many people that havent grasped the concept of breathing yet.

This morning Iam trying to find a UG equivalent of merge for surfaces and I and our new UG guy (solids background) cannot find a way to do it. That may not be typical but its not always easy to figure out.

I could call the help line but I have other stuff to get out today.

Mike

Steve - I agree. I wonder how much longer it's going to take for 2000i to whither away.

I don't come across very many users of Win95 - unless they have a specific machine (pumps, motors, systems) that runs software that was built on win 95, with no need to upgrade because the equipment still works.

However - with normal, everyday software, the new replaces the old, and the old is never heard of again...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back