Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How do I create an Adobe (.pdf) file from Pro/E drawing

gggggggggg

I would like to take an existing Pro/E drawing, and export it into Adobe (.pdf). How do I do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg man I got carry away with the g's. One way is if you have Distiller. Hope this helps.

Thanks

AS

I use Ghostscript for all my PDF creation with great results...better than Distiller I think, especially when creating shaded image PDF's. This topic has been discussed at length in this forum. I suggest you read existing posts on this subject to answer your question in detail.

You can plot to distiller directly if you have an A or B size drawing. Just select it as the printer in the pop up window.

If your original is larger you have to plot to a post script file, rename the file extention to .ps and then use Distiller outside of Pro/E. This will make an A or B size pdf file. You have to select the size at the time of printing.

This is the manual method of doing it. To have it automated follow the links given by proed listed above.

jperkins

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back