Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help in modeling a part

Trace sketch is for inserting images (jpegs, bitmaps, etc) onto a plane fro reference only. It has nothing to do with the Sketch feature.

I ment tha tyou should use "trace Sketch" to import the jpe you have on page one of this post into Pro adn use this a a guide for your curves in ISDX - that is what trace sketch is for!
smiley4.gif

I dont really understand your question but maybe the replies have sleared it up a bit for you?

if you are still stuck, maybe post some picts to clear the questions up..

James

heres what i have so far:

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~jakwang/casing.prt.8

i have an older version of Pro/E so heres a picture:

casing.bmp

i know the picture is huge, but my lab doesnt have any image editing software, sorry!

im having trouble making a surface out of the front part. i tried using blend boundaries but that doesnt blend for soem reason. i then tried using style by breaking it up into separate pieces, but the individual surfaces wont become tangent for some reason. any ideas?

that front part needs to be one piece also, since thats how its modeled on the object.

edit:: ive actually finished putting it all together, and now im trying to thicken the surfaces, but i cant seem to do so. does anyone have any idea why?
Edited by: sabotage

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back