Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Flattening a vase

eServ

Anyone have any ideas on how to take the profile of a vase and flatten it? I've tried copying the surfaces and using a Flatten Quilt, but it will only let me flatten one side of the vase. If I merge the two halves together it freaks out.

it freaks out

that is cool

IT FREAKS OUT

sums proe up basically

ive been a user for 7 yrs and that is the best responce i have heard yet about proe crashing/feature failure

good luck with the problem

can you not just mirror geometry?

Have you tried creating silhouette curves from the surfaces and then creating a flat surface or surface by boundaries?

David Martin

Torgon Industries

I recently used a flatten quilt on a complex surface and hopefully got the result I needed. Seemed to be fairly precise. But, I just had to see for myself what flatten quilt was doing and how it functioned. Seeing this thread, I would attempt a vase like feature and attempt to flatten it. The results were not exactly what I thought they would be. One complete surface could not be flattened, but two could. I intentionally made the connecting surfaces tangent in the vertical position. Note the last feature (datum curve) does not touch on the left side when mirrored during creation?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back