Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

export DRW to PDF

I use ghostscript, a mapkey, a pcf file, and a batchfile. I end up with a new menu option to generate a pdf directly within Pro/E

You can find more info about the method Phil mentions here:

http://www.prouser.org/rugs/atlanta/propdf.html

- You install Ghostscript, which can convert from PS - PDF.

- The batch file calls the ps2pdf converter & places the PDF file.

- The mapkey puts everything together, printing the drawing to file & calling the batch file...

It works really well.

Regards

Ed

Hello ED,

I visited the link U have given & installed as said in that location.

but in my config.pro the mapkey is not functioning, which key I have to use to execute the command? are there any other supporting softwares to be installed to my PC?

In the environment variable what should be the name for the variable?

Thanks in advance,

GuruPrasad

Do you have the makepdf.bat and acrobat.pcf file in this folder?: proe_loadpoint\text\plot_config

Do the references in these files point to the correct folders for GS 5.50 and the plot output folder?

The description tells you to add the mapkey acr to your config.pro - this acr key sequence will:

Print

Select acrobat.pcf as the print file

Plot a .ps file

Convert to pdf using Ghostscript

Ed

I get an error message when I try to make the PDF.

Error cannot open file

I have the plot output folder set the same as makepdf and acrobat files.

all in D:\proe2000i2\plot_configs

Hi ED,

As its mentioned all the files are set to required locations,

but I find that the mapkey acr is not functioning.

I have plot file dir as D:\plot, GS is installed in c:\program files\GS 5.5.

Guru

Hi ED,

As its mentioned all the files are set to required locations,

but I find that the mapkey acr is not functioning.

I have plot file dir as D:\plot, GS is installed in c:\program files\GS 5.5

is this working with GS 7.04 ???

becouse i'm trying to prin to pdf, but the only thing i take is

a plt file. i can also change the extension to .ps, and when I open the file with Ghostview i take the half of it in portrait mode. is there any solution or must use GS 5.5 ??

thanks

rockedout

GS 5.50 works great - the newer versions seem to have other baggage that doesn't work so well with Pro/E...

Ed

I have pdf writer installed on my computer and then I just print to acrobat distiller. (as if I was printing to a regular printer.)

I have the pdf writer installed also.

Sometimes the solid line print out as gray dash lines.

only on some drawings...

do you have this problem?

Not sure if you want to go to this expense, but we have a product from Hewlett Packard called a Digital Sender. It scans any Letter and Legal sized documents, and then it emails it to someone in the form of a PDF file. It's awesome! The downfall is.....it can only create A size dwg's, but it also has a scanner to allow you to scan partial segments of any size dwg.

I have downloaded win2pdf, but can anyone please help in telling me how to get it working in so I can select the pdf printer in Pro-E

Thanks

Stefano, Italy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back