Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Displaying 3d models in web page

Looking that web page, and looking main web page developed by firm owner of that technologies, I am sure that it can be done, and that has been done, by mixture of Java and flash.

Speling

I just came back from the Connecticut Pro/E users group and had a excellent time I must say ... anyway This guy from Immersive Design (www.immdesign.com) showed the coolest demo of a software called IPA.

You could go on there site and download an eval license. Basically the software is an interactive animation tool, one of the strong points I saw was IPA creating an interactive web page that you could e-mail to your client and they could interogate, rotate, explode etc... the assembly.

In a Pro/E part or assembly choose File>Save As and choose VRML from the Type pull-down menu. You have to have COSMO or some other type of VRML plugin viewer for your browser. You can do some neat things with Pro/E parts and assemblies through a web page.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back