Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

datums showing in drawings

chesterman

I have created a drawing which is opening funny. Everytime I open this drawing all of my datum planes are displayed. All of my layers are off and the status saved. Even the display datums button is off. I can turn the display datums button on and off and redraw but they won't go away. And the wierdest thing is if I go into the layers and turn a layer on and save the status they will disappear. I then close, erase and open again and they come right back. It is almost like I have to change the layer status before Pro E will read it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have you reviewed the drawing dtl file for setting(s) other than defaults (*)? In drawing mode, Advanced, Draw Setup, By Category, scroll down to These options control drawing layer:

draw_layer_overrides_model no *

ignore_model_layer_status yes *

You really have to have your hat on straight to know how to operate when these are not set as default.

Jon Bixby - Pro/E contractor at Reichert Inc. Depew, NY

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back