Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo parametric enhancements

I am baffled by this. I just happened to look at the file sizes of a couple of models I built with Creo. One of them was a whopping 165 MB. This model was created through an assemblywith some component operations. In WF5, the file size would typically be under 10MB. Even a simple part file ended up being 25 MB.

Anyone else notice huge file sizes?

View attachment 5397

wtb999 said:
Anyone else notice huge file sizes?

No I did not, but I've only worked with not so big parts and assemblies (up to 40MB).
I noticed, though, that Creo Parametric seems to use less memory than Creo Elements/pro, at least when reaching the limit of free RAM (OBJ tassellation) Parametric worked and Elements/Pro crashed

Paolo

[url]http://proetools.com/courses/pro-surface/prosurface-level-10 surface-freestyle-creo-sub-d-modeling [/url] < Creo Sub'd modeling workshop

Bottom-Bracket.jpg

The Bottom Bracket geometry took less than 5 minutes using Freeform.

Giraffe.jpg

modeled using Creo 1.0 freeform surfaces the new Sub'D modeler that comes stock with the newest version of Pro/E called Creo
Edited by: design-engine

hi guys i can't find the construction tool in my creo elements/pr0 5.0 and i cant choose fly references as you are demonstrating can anybody help me to solve this issue .thanks

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back