Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

CATIA .EXP SURFACE FILE TO PRO-E

CTHATCHER

I have a file that was modeled in catia as a surface model. I can't go back to try to get this file as a solid catia part or I would and life would be easier. Does anyone know of a way or a translator that can take a surface catia file and covert it into a solid part for PRO-E?

For those of you that looked at my question but failed to answer. PTC has a program called Data Doctor that converts Catia .exp files to a solid Pro-E part file. I guess it is pretty new.

They also have one called atb or associative topology bus which brings the file in with features etc.

It costs about as much as buying a seat of catia though, and you need to have it and pro running on the same machine at the same time. That sucks when you have to convert a couple hundred files at a time and your computers tied up.

Mike

They want 100 per file.

I go through a few hundred files per week.

Looks like an interesting product but not for our volumes.

Mike

Mike,

With CADCAM-E products, you can either use the product on a pay-per-use basis or you can buy a permanent license for bulk work. If you have a lot of data and you need help with that, our services group can help.

Hope this helps.

Kumar

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back