Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Register Log in

CATIA .EXP SURFACE FILE TO PRO-E

CTHATCHER

I have a file that was modeled in catia as a surface model. I can't go back to try to get this file as a solid catia part or I would and life would be easier. Does anyone know of a way or a translator that can take a surface catia file and covert it into a solid part for PRO-E?

CTHATCHER

For those of you that looked at my question but failed to answer. PTC has a program called Data Doctor that converts Catia .exp files to a solid Pro-E part file. I guess it is pretty new.

miked

They also have one called atb or associative topology bus which brings the file in with features etc.

It costs about as much as buying a seat of catia though, and you need to have it and pro running on the same machine at the same time. That sucks when you have to convert a couple hundred files at a time and your computers tied up.

Mike

miked

They want 100 per file.

I go through a few hundred files per week.

Looks like an interesting product but not for our volumes.

Mike

rajank21

Mike,

With CADCAM-E products, you can either use the product on a pay-per-use basis or you can buy a permanent license for bulk work. If you have a lot of data and you need help with that, our services group can help.

Hope this helps.

Kumar

Sponsor