Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Bottle Volume Optimization

trawets

Hi Guys

Could someone please advise me on how to run a design optimization on a bottle volume, I have to create a bottle with the volume of 500ml and 1500ml whilst maintaining shape and proportional dimensions

I tried the help design file but couldn't get it to work too well ( not at all really )

any advise would be most welcome

best regards

smiley4.gif

you need to make ashrinkage feature first , then make a new parameter name it scale for example, then put in the relations :

x_shrink_factor=scale

y_-------------=scale

z_--------------=scale

then make an analysis feature for calculating the volume ,i hope you know how

then make optimization >(feasability)>>>> your target is the volume analysis feature, set 500 one time and 1500 another time >>>> add parameter to vary which is the SCALE parameter

I hope this help
Edited by: goldhelal

shrinkage feature?

where is that exactly? i mean u can rescale the model but its not a
feature. it can not be redefined and doesnt appear on the model tree.

Hi

Thanks very much for the interesting leads and vids will look into all the stuff lots to learn I think

Im a bit slow on the uptake with the comment from 'goldhelal' would like further information if possible, Im not sure if I know how make an analysis feature for calculating the volume( I guess that means I dont )

but anyway thanks for the replies

smiley32.gif

Mr trawets,

it is me now finding difficulty in uderstanding your comment on my comment ,either you complain my language or you really need explanation for my solution ,

if it is the first so:

I hope you didnt misunderstand my language ,

I didnt mean any insultance ,i meant that you might not be able to make an analysis feature since it is not included in the foundation ,you should have BMX installed . thats all

if you need explanation :install skype and lets talk online so that i teach you how

www.skype.com

my contact name is ahmed_helal

I am very sorry you misunderstood my comment <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

I meant I don

If you are happy with your 500ml design and can manage the scale feature; by inputingcubic root ofthree (3^1/3)as your scale factor, you should get a 1500ml volume. If your problem is with the scale factor, when in part mode just select Scale under the Edit menu.

If your problem is hitting the 500ml volume, just do a design that satisfies your other requirements, compute the volume. Divide 500 by whatever your result happens to be. Multiply that quotient bycubic root of threeand use that as your initial scale factor. Maybe you will want to leave some empty volume beyond 500cc.

Now, if your problem is computing the volume in the first place, you have to go and do the tutorial on User Defined Analysis to get a working familiarity with that particular set of tools. Well worth the effort.Good luck.

Edited by: Pommares

u need to use winrar

<em ="yschurl">www.rarlab.com

sorry about that but i had to cut it up for it to be able to be uploaded.

if u have a large mail box i can emai u it directly

[/i]

Please mail it to [email protected]. I ran winRar but got a corrupt file report for the pdf in part1. I don't know if the same happens to other users. I tried repeating the download and got the same result.

BTW there is this neat splitter from Sarasoft at www.sarasoft.com which allows you to break down zips and have them reassemble automatically. Quite transparent. to the user. Might be of interest to you.

2005-03-29_002315_splitter.zip

u need to have all the sectiosn for it to decompress.

yeah u need to remove all that extra stuff this webpage adds to the file name for it to work

just tested it with a friend and it works fine. if u can not be
bothered renaming the file then u will just have to direct winrar to
the spot where u saved the file.

Edited by: puppet

Hi Puppet

Nice tutorial. I found it quite useful.

If you use centimeters as a your design unit you ought to get the analysis to give your answer in mililiters directly and thus might be able to skip the volume conversion to litres. The skin thickness would then be something like .05 for a can and .25 for a glass bottle.

Yes, you have to rename the rar files and obliterate everything that comes before the word bottle. Then the raring up works fine. Thanks.

Edited by: Pommares

Thanks for your comments :)

yeah .. but the majority of work i do is in mm.. and its easier to do all ur work in 1 convention and change for every project.

be nice if that put that tutorial up in the "articals section" but
the link to submit them dont work. Seems lots of people work in with
bottles in one way or another.

Edited by: puppet

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back