Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Any idea about PDX??

anandel

Hi all,

Does anyone have an idea about Pro/E PDX, the progressive die design package? My company is trying to upgrade to this from the current conventional method of die designing with 2D stuff (AutoCAD). Any info is highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Well, if not PDX, does anyone work or have an idea on any other 3D progressive die design packages (for sheetmetal dies)? Looks like its pretty much an uncommon area to find people to share thoughts. Hoping for somebody to throw some light on........

I am in the process of evaluating PDX 2.1. I've designed progressive dies w/AutoCAD and am looking at doing it with Pro-E. PDX looks like it will speed things up, but as with most PTC apps. leaves me with questions. Looks like a different approach is used with PDX. With Acad I have one 0,0 location for the tool, but with PDX, it looks like you have a 0,0 for each station. Looks like there's a big learnign curve there.

Jon

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back