Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

1 part sectioned in assembly

sander

I have an assembly where I want only one part as a sectioned view. This
way it should be easier to see the parts that are behind my sectioned
part.

Note : I want it to be done in assembly mode, not in the drawing mode.

From the view manager I can select a sectioned view and then select
part instead of assy, but that results in a view I cannot set active

Any suggestions ?

Using WF2.0

Hi,

If your requirement is only to view the parts behind one part, Just try this.....

Pick a part>go to View menu>Pick Display Style>Chose from hidden, shaded etc.....

I use this often and works great in viewing some parts which are inside an assembly and not visible outside.

Best of Luck,

SPKUMAR.

Thanks for your reply.

But what I eventually want to do is render my assembly with the sectioned part.

In drawing mode I can pick which part to section and which one not, but not in assembly mode.

Thanks anyway.

How about "hard" sectioning the part in question - eventually through a FOP where the section is only displayed when necessary. As FOP you can easily interchange thesectioned with the full part. I make lots of assemblies here with concentric elements fitting together and this way of working is really helpfull to finetune dimensions.

Alex

Hard sectioning crossed my mind.

Problem now is that some contraints will be lost if I hard section my part.

What is a FOP ?

Family Of Parts.

Sorry, some long learned terminology slips through while ProE calls this Family Table. Anyhow you probably can resolve constraints by choosing or creating extra datums that are common to both states of the part. If that would proove impossible you could also make a family in the assembly where one instance uses the sliced part and the other instance uses the as-is part, each with their own constraints. Watch out though that positioning is consistent in both situations if different constraints apply.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back