Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

simplify representations in a drawing

still it is not possible until WF 4.0(I assume) to get an access to simp rep from part in drawing

however there is an old funcionality buried in Pro/E WF 2.0 which in previous releases was called Simplify View or Represent

check it here
<a href="http://www.synthx.com/tom/sy_tip_0502.htm" target="_blank">
http://www.synthx.com/tom/sy_tip_0502.htm</a>

In the view manager, all tab. Create a new combined state. When having a combined state, select edit. Here you can select simp rep, section, orientation. Play around with it. I'm not to good at this and I lost a lagre drawing when deleting a combined state when the drawing was not in session. The drawing became uinretrivable when it could not find the combined state.

hey Knut this combined state is too good option. but how to get this in drawing?

somebody said it right; you live you learn
smiley4.gif

I'm still just testing myself, and I had a first glance at the function at WF3. But it may have been around for ages.

to get combinations to work in 3D - Master rep must be active (logic really)

Sanjeevkar1 - to get it in drawing is as easy as a simp rep. The first chance is when I place a general view. Then I get this window popping up

If I have placed it Ican change it inview properties

Projected views must have the same state as the view it is generated from.

guys, please decide about what is the base for drawing : assembly or part

suppose Knut introduced pictures from creating a view in drawing based on assembly, and those combined states were also created in assembly, correct?

Edited by: muadib3d

Nope

It is for a part, and only one part!!! I'm using WF4, but could do this in WF3 also. Don't know about WF2 and earlier.

Here is a part with4 features

I then make 3simp rep turning these features on/of, and I must make 3 comb_states that do the same. (but you can ad more like different orientation, section or not.) When I insert a general view, I get a dialog box as shown in earlier post, but with names you set for the combined states. Below is a drawing showing master rep and my three comb states.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back